The Firefly - Simple Small Alcohol Stove

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

benjy

Tenderfoot
Dec 29, 2010
Swindon
Andy,

The tins have a lip at the top of the base part, and the mesh rest against this and so far seems pretty stable. These particular tins came with a plastic wadding in the lid which I remove but is the perfect size template for the wire mesh. I then bend the first 2-3 mm of the mesh to approx 45deg all the way round, to encourage the mesh to sit underneath the lip. Then I simply wedge it in.

If you would like I can take some photos or the assembly, although as other have posted cehck the monkey boy stove as its essentially the same principle.

Thank for all the comments guys, the stove making went very well and we have 25 stoves ready for making pancakes next week. The plan is to keep building on the idea and reusing the stove trhoughout the year with the aim of having a small cookset by the summer with as many bit made / upcycled as possible.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE