The Bushcraft Journal

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Dark Horse Dave

Apr 5, 2007
Surrey / South West London
Just bringing this to folks' attention (I've no vested interest)

There's a new on-line bushcraft magazine available; issue 1 just out: The Bushcraft Journal

It costs £3.99 for the first issue. You just pay online & get an instant e-mail back with a copy.

It's well put-together: nearly 100 pages of articles by very good people (eg John Ryder, Paul Kirtley, Fergus Drennan, Joe O'Leary & many more). No ads at all I think.

You have to read the thing on a screen of course, which may not suit all (but we all do so for BCUK of course!)

I'd say worth a punt for the price - and you don't commit yourself to anything.

Dark Horse Dave

Apr 5, 2007
Yeah I bought it a couple of days ago. It's pretty much as I described in my OP really. There are 14 articles, lots of colour photos, looks very glossy in fact. Several page detailed article on foraging by Fergus Drennan; intro to tracking piece by Ben McNutt; worthwhile features on first aid & nav; article inc. pattern to make your own smock by Joe O'Leary; Paul Kirtley does some good stuff on cold injuries etc; bit on baking & forging & some other stuff! I haven't read it all as yet, and personally I prefer a paper magazine to flick through in bed and, er, elsewhere. First impressions suggest the proof reading is better than a competitor's product.

As I say, worth a punt at £3.99 IMO. Online purchase was straightforward & delivery instant.

Dark Horse Dave

Apr 5, 2007
Has anyone bought issue 2 yet? I haven't but am just wondering whether to.

Sounds daft, but the thing that's holding me back is the fact that I find a paper magazine preferable for flicking through, relaxing on the sofa etc. - nothing to do with the content of this particular magazine. It's probably my age!

Anyway, if anyone has bought issue 2, what do you think of it?

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE