Testing the waters - facimile edition of my DIY clothing book

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
Many years ago I produced a book "A Basic Guide to making your own Outdoor Activities Clothing".
Unfortunately the original work was lost when the printer closed down and sold the business, equally unfortunately my copies were loaned out - and never returned!
It has been suggested to me that some members of this site might like to own copies and that I produce PDF facsimile edition, scanned from a copy given to me by a member of this site :)
The booklet has several sections -
A - Intro
B - Seams and methods
C- projects
Points to bear in mind
1 - waterproof chaps
2 -Mitts
3 - Windshirt
4 - Waterproof Jacket
5 - Over trousers
6 - Walking Trousers
7 - Walking Jacket
8 - Gaiters.
D -Further reading

Admittedly not all the info in the book is now in date - some of the addresses for suppliers etc - and the items are basic not modern fashion, designs and some of the scale grids on the copy I have are not the sharpest repros ever ... but the book is still usable.
If there is interest I will go ahead and scan and prepare the PDF files ... if not then the book just goes back on the shelf :)
The price of the facimilies (if I go ahead) would be the same as my "A Basic guide to making your own Budget Bushcrafting Equipment" that I sell through this website :)
If anyone has a copy of my books "A basic Guide to Making your own Outdoor Activities Equipment" and A Basic Guide to Making your own Fleece and Pile Fibre Clothing" I have a variety of things I would be willing to trade for them - just to have copies in my reference library!

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
OK - there looks like there may be enough interest to go forward with this!
I will download a bit of softwear to make PDFs, and when the Missus has finished with the confuser later today I will start scanning the book in ... it may not be pretty and I will try different ways of scanning it....

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
OK - I have spent the whole day scanning the whole book, editing the scans to make them as readable as the original printing allows and making them into a PDF!
The results are not bad really...
I am starting a new thread in Makers Market to sell them :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE