Terava skrama

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Rickyd

Tenderfoot
Sep 15, 2016
Warwickshire

Thinking of getting one of these, either new or secondhand. I have a “my parang” duku chandong 12” at the minute and would like to compare the two on chopping capabilities. Has anyone got experience of the two?

lostplanet

Aug 18, 2005
Kent
Not experience of the two, however I found this video interesting (assuming you haven't looked) when I was doing some research.

actually I see its the 240 you are interested in so the video is for the 200.

Ogri the trog

Mod
Mod
Apr 29, 2005
Mid Wales UK
I have both, had the 240 for a few years, but only recently bought the 200.
They are both very capable tools - however, by simple virtue of the additional length and weight, the 240 is the better chopper - but it doesn't end there; the better chopper is also noticeably heavier to carry and bulkier to either pack or hang on a belt (I have both in the plastic sheaths sat in NATO bayonet scabbards) - so I'll carry the 200 if I'm just out & about, but take the larger 240 if I know I'll be doing heavier work.
I have a habit of covering large knife handles with a layer of bicycle inner tube - which I find enhances the grip in the hand and adds a tiny modicum of shock absorbing padding - though I have yet to cover the 200.
I don't have any experience of the duku, so I can't compare either to that, but the 240 is comparable with a WW2 Khukri and even a little like the Chris Caine Survival machete - though somewhat lighter in weight.

I don't think you'll regret getting either.

Reactions: TeeDee

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE