Tentipi Safri 7 or 9

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Jan 19, 2015
kent
Hi I'm thinking of buying a Tentipis Safri 7 or 9. I wondered if there are any owners out there who could comment on the space inside. I'm hoping to use the tent for a family of four. My wife will only come along if I have an inflatable mattress or camp bed. I known Tentipi state in their catalogues that the Safri 7 is large enough for up to nine people but i suspect the reality is somewhat different.

I'd like to know what the owners of the two models think. Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
Sean

sunndog

May 23, 2014
derbyshire
I'v not got a tentipi but every other large sized tipi i'v seen have been wildly optimistic on how many sardines, sorry, people you can fit inside

My advice, get the biggest one you reasonably can for the money/application

baggins

Apr 20, 2005
Coventry (and surveying trees uk wide)
Hi Sean,
i have the Safir 9 (Salads old one). For a family of 4, i would definitely go for the 9. the 7 will have enough space but the nice thing about the tipis is the usable space inside. so, as Sundog said, go for the bigger one.
Me and my good lady manage to fill out the 9 no problem, with camp beds, chairs, tables stoves etc. but there is still room for another couple if we were sensible.

bojit

Native
Aug 7, 2010
Edinburgh
I've got a 7 and it's great for 2 with beds but when there are 4 of us and all our kit it is a bit tight for space so i would go for a 9 especially if you are going to use a stove because you will need a bit of space between you and the very hot burny thing in the middle of your tipi :eek:

Craig. .......

Jan 19, 2015
kent
I've got a 7 and it's great for 2 with beds but when there are 4 of us and all our kit it is a bit tight for space so i would go for a 9 especially if you are going to use a stove because you will need a bit of space between you and the very hot burny thing in the middle of your tipi :eek:

Craig. .......

Great - thanks for the advice. A 9 it is then.

gargan

Jun 10, 2015
UK
Hi everyone and Sean,

If you ended up buying the Tentipi Safir 9, do you mind sharing your experience as to the size and space available? I am in a similar position, contemplating a Tentipi, but am unsure which size would be the right one for us, that is, for myself and my two young sons. I haven't been able to see one these tents up close. Online information suggests that the 7 would be enough for us, but looking at videos I have the feeling that a 7 could be too small. We are planning to use the tent in the colder season too, so would be great if we could use a stove too.

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE