Tea time.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Andy B

Forager
Apr 25, 2004
Belfast
Just wanted a few ideas on wild teas to refresh ones head on a cold morning in the wild.

I know spruce needles, but is it any old spruce?

Gary

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 17, 2003
from Essex
Pine needles are good. Try rose hips or neetles or birch leaves or dried bramble leaves or tea bags - ok I was joking about the tea bag!

Well that will start you off anyway.

Buckshot

Mod
Mod
Jan 19, 2004
Oxford
Do you crush the seed pods of Rosehips and then filter them out after a while in the water?

Cheers

Mark

Gary

Apr 17, 2003
from Essex
Split the hips open and remove the seed heads inside. Boil your water and the pout this into a cup - add the hips and stir. Let stand for a minute or two and its ready.

You can filter out the hips - well dig em out with a spoon or I just drink the tea and eat the hips.

jakunen

Native
One of my favourites is elderberry and melissa. Chuck a handfull of berries and a handful of melissa (lemon balm) in a cup and add boiling water.
Or mint. Crush a handful of leaves and pour water over.
DELISH!!! (we need the licking lips smilie off Huge Furry-Whippingstools River cottage website!)

Gary

Apr 17, 2003
from Essex
Elderberrys - now your talking! Excellent fruit tea.

I once lived for three days on nothing but elderberry tea and roast beech mast - the tea is quite uplifting!

Gary

Apr 17, 2003
from Essex
Sorry Kath we must have posted at the same time.

All pine is good, at least I have never heard differently and in my own experiments I have used all sorts with no ill effect - some better than others obviously go for the younger tips as these will be fresher.

One word of warning dont mistake Yew for Pine!

Keith_Beef

Native
Sep 9, 2003
Yvelines, north-west of Paris, France.
Gary said:
Elderberrys - now your talking! Excellent fruit tea.

I once lived for three days on nothing but elderberry tea and roast beech mast - the tea is quite uplifting!

Three days eating nothing but beech masts?

I thought we were doing well, when my wife and I lived on wild almonds, pomegranates and prickly pears for a couple of days :)

Keith.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE