Talk of wolves being re-introduced to the mountains & glens of Scotland.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

mr dazzler

Native
Aug 28, 2004
uk
I mean, isnt there more than a hint of PETA or ALF type thinking in this proposal? Like as if the "rights" of a long extinct animal should have preference over the present rights of farmers/landowner's/recreational users of the land, not to mention the rights of existing animals? Toddy's sucinct description of likely real scenario's summed it up really, the gap between fantasy and reality hasnt been fully considered. But then the people who conceive these proposal's maybe really DO wish that most of the human population (ie the ones who dont think like them) should be allowed to die out (obesity/MRSA/C Diff etc), or alternatively should be kept in caged urban center's as Mike sudgested, so that only initiates who subscribe to the rules would be permitted to enter the "neo wild's":rolleyes: Deep green politics is scary man. Its like the weirdo's who tell you, because of there indignant and pompous attitude, that its bad bad bad vibes man to cut a tree, any tree, all the while totally ignorant of long established and successful tree managemant method's such as coppicing and pollarding that have worked well A/ to provide sustainable supplie's of wood for man's use and B/ provide good places for flora's and fauna's to thrive as well win win win situation.

Barn Owl

Old Age Punk
Apr 10, 2007
Ayrshire
My heart also would like it but in reality it's fraught(?) with danger.
There's always the chance of a rogue attacking people or livestock and would you be happy if out for a wild walk the kids came across a rogue? That's the stickler for me.
As soon as one incident occurred it would be bad news for other conservation and introduction efforts.
We may seem to have wild places in Scotland but it's not really that big.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE