Take a look at this

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Status
Not open for further replies.

rapidboy

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jun 14, 2004
BB
Don't know about the rules, don't read them much. The layout is what I meant as its used by lots of other forums, some of which are a lot older than BB. Classic camp stoves, be-back-later, SotP and a couple of American forums I'm on look the same, different colours but you can tweak the layout if you want.

Looks good, managed to register today and I wish them all the very best for the future.

Silly me, of course, your a mod over there are you not?

The UK Blades forum is a blatant rip of British Blades, every part of the layout has been copied straight across, i really couldn't care less I'm just just setting the record straight because your post was misleading.
Yes i am a mod on British Blades (and a few other forums) , what has that got to do with anything ?

Nagual

Native
Jun 5, 2007
Argyll
There is a saying that imitation is the highest form of flattery. If they copied another forums look, so what really? It's not hurting anyone is it? Can't we all just get a long and not act like playground school kids, shouting "I did it first" or the likes? As a mod said above, they'll probably tweak it as they go, as they find the path that's right for them.

Can't we just wish them well, as surly, they have similar interests and that can only be a good thing?

Chainsaw

Native
Jul 23, 2007
Central Scotland
OUT!
What...you want to fry your brain??? - It has to be OUT!:eek:
I must set up a forum on best practice on wearing foil!

NO!! it's IN!! to keep your brain safe, please hurry up and set up your forum so I can copy it word for word and create my own forum!! :D Reminds me of the great belly button debate of 86.... ;)

This whole thing reminds me of when I was a lad and we'd build gang huts over in the the woods near Bothwell Castle. Another gang would see us do it and build their gang hut (or vice versa) then try and wreck it or slag it off and admittedly, we would do the same, seems like people never change and it all scales up country size as well. I hope they enjoy their gang hut.

Enough philosophy from me, it's friday, time for beer, canoeing and bushcraft

Cheers,

Alan

Nagual

Native
Jun 5, 2007
Argyll
NO!! it's IN!! to keep your brain safe, please hurry up and set up your forum so I can copy it word for word and create my own forum!! :D Reminds me of the great belly button debate of 86.... ;)

This whole thing reminds me of when I was a lad and we'd build gang huts over in the the woods near Bothwell Castle. Another gang would see us do it and build their gang hut (or vice versa) then try and wreck it or slag it off and admittedly, we would do the same, seems like people never change and it all scales up country size as well. I hope they enjoy their gang hut.

Enough philosophy from me, it's friday, time for beer, canoeing and bushcraft

Cheers,

Alan

:lmao:Aye the same all over the place. we did the same..:eek:

time for beer, canoeing and bushcraft
I'm now completely jealous. I'm going to copy your beer n everything :p well I would but I don't have a canoe, so I'll have to leave you to your canoeing while you drink beer and light a fire in your canoe by rubbing two paddles together.. :lmao:Although, if you do, please take pics. I'll just sit in my cardboard box and pretend.. :D

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
OUT!
What...you want to fry your brain??? - It has to be OUT!:eek:
I must set up a furum on best practice on wearing foil!

:240:

NO NO NO You're both wrong. It's both ways. You have to have 2 layers for safe and adequate protection and the dull side has to touching otherwise brain cell voltage impedence due to not having a safe grounding increases expotentially.

As for belly buttons...... don't get me started. Before my recent hernia op they didn't tell me one of the side effects is your belly button can get converted from an inny to an outy :Wow: How the hell am I going to collect the fluff now????

HillBill

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 1, 2008
W. Yorkshire
Ok let me just get this straight in my head, there are, dark/secret governmental forces called 'shills' on this and other forums whose aim is to cause discord and division, and thus keep ‘us’ from uniting?

Its a common tactic used in many situations, i believe the term is divide and conquer.

If they want rid of knives you can bet they will attept to gain an advantage.

Funny, i knew you'd pop up.

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
John don't forget to rip it off completely (the foil that is):)

By the way John ever thought of doing bigger sizes of the welsh leather bushcraft bags?

Alan

So now I am a real Cyber(man) bushcrafter:red: :red: :red: :red: :cool:
As to the bags - I can, and have, made bigger ones - but getting the leather (at a sensible price) in the sizes needed is the big problem.
If money is no object I could make you a hide bag big enough to ....hide ... in:D
As it is - getting leather of a suitable thickness, and hopefully recycled rather than new (price and ecco issues), is proving realy hard at the moment, even for sizes 1 - 5!

Now back to the thread - it is good to see that people are keen enough on their hobby to try and set up their own forum to cater to their ideas. "If it dont suit you - go elsewhere and start your own" would seem to be the message. these fellows obviously did and good luck to them!:240:

HillBill

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 1, 2008
W. Yorkshire
'Shills' are nothing new, they've been around for a very long time. Another name is 'plants'. Basically someone who pretends to having nothing to do with a seller or organisation and through manipulation gets others to act or do things. Think of market stalls or the wild west movies you may have saw where someone is selling a potion that cures baldness, someone in the crowd claims it worked for them, that person is really the sellers assistant or something. They'd be called a shill. Nothing sinister about it. As to the statement that the government has them working in forums is a different question. Personally I'd have thought they'd have more important things to do, besides why bother when rampant paranoia does the same job...:p (Not saying anyone here is, btw, just pointing out the obvious)

They have agencies that work on the internet only. Yes they do stir up discontent, that is their job. Its a tactic that has been used for thousands of years to coerce and manipulate the masses into a position they want them in.

I guarantee you they will be working on the knife issue. Yesterday there was a report that murders/violent crime is down, and that pickpocketing/ shoplifting is up. Bet that won't make a difference though. Same as when the US intelligence reports on iran said they stopped nuclear weapons program on 02 or 03, yet those same people are still attempting to stop irans nuke program?

The truth don't matter its the peoples voice that counts. Always was always will be. If we turned round together and kicked off they would be off with tails between their legs. As it is we are divided and arguing amongst ourselves. therefore the people have no voice as they are using it on each other.

By the way guys, this aint conspiracy. Why don't you use your brains in a constructive way and actually look into something for once in your lives? Its easy to mock for those who do not understand.

Tadpole

Nov 12, 2005
Bristol
Nah you aint climbed out of your pond yet baby frog. maybe you should? take a look around, its ok. Maybe you are from homeland.....wouldn't surprise me in the slightest.
I've checked the label on my jacket and its homestores. It's easy mistake to make:D

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
As for belly buttons...... don't get me started. Before my recent hernia op they didn't tell me one of the side effects is your belly button can get converted from an inny to an outy :Wow: How the hell am I going to collect the fluff now????

I told my little brother not to play with his tummy button, 'cos that's where god blew him up ;) :cool:

cheers,
M

Status
Not open for further replies.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE