Swollen eye

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

AuldJum

Forager
Sep 18, 2011
Fife
Got attacked by something last night and now my eyes closed up.

I didn't poke myself in the eye so something must have bit me.

Is it probably just a midge bite?

Funnily enough this happened a few months back in the same eye.

Thanks

Jim

Dougster

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 13, 2005
The banks of the Deveron.
Seek medical advice. I left mine and the eyeball itself swelled and needed treatment. Turned out to be a dust mite from wool.

All mine is hung in the wind at the end of the summer now. Docs healed it quick, told me how to treat it quicker next time and I know what to avoid - worth a check surely?

Hugo

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 29, 2009
Lost in the woods
Jim get it looked at, you only have one pair of eyes.
We don't want to be calling you Blind Pew now do we. :cool:

geordienemisis

Settler
Oct 3, 2010
Newcastle upon Tyne
Are you sure its a bite? A while ago I was driving(with the window open) and a minute piece of glass flew into my eye. A couple of days later my eye was so swollen it was fully closed. I would go to your nearest walk in centre and have it looked at, you can never be to sure with the old peepers.

Graveworm

Life Member
Sep 2, 2011
London UK
Almost certainly nothing to worry about, the tissue around the eye loves to swell. However it swells for a reason and if that reason is nasty then almost certainly is not certainly; so like everyone says, I'd get an opinion from a Doctor who has seen it for themselves and I'd do it soon.

AuldJum

Forager
Sep 18, 2011
Fife
Woke up this morning, put my glasses on and they didn't fit, had a look in the mirror and it has swelled massively.

Got a midge bite on the eyelid, now got anti histamines so hopefully it'll be fixed quickly.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE