Swiss Army sleeping bags

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

11binf

Forager
Aug 16, 2005
Phx. Arizona U.S.A
here in the states we see a lot of neat items of kit with cool names....coleman used to be a name to trust in the camping world...but now alot of there stuff is made (maybe not lantrens and ice chests which i think are still made in the U.S.A. ) but small items of kit which carry the coleman name are made in the FAR EAST....also have seen the"WALTHER"banner on items like small shovels with survival kit inside .....to me vince g. this is FAR EAST RUBBISH....save your pennys and buy good kit....in the short run with the FAR EAST made stuff you might have kit failure at a bad time.....allways buy quaility items of kit....vince g. 11b inf..... :)

mojofilter

Nomad
Mar 14, 2004
bonnie scotland
11binf said:
here in the states we see a lot of neat items of kit with cool names....coleman used to be a name to trust in the camping world...but now alot of there stuff is made (maybe not lantrens and ice chests which i think are still made in the U.S.A. ) but small items of kit which carry the coleman name are made in the FAR EAST....also have seen the"WALTHER"banner on items like small shovels with survival kit inside .....to me vince g. this is FAR EAST RUBBISH....save your pennys and buy good kit....in the short run with the FAR EAST made stuff you might have kit failure at a bad time.....allways buy quaility items of kit....vince g. 11b inf..... :)

Since when was Switzerland in the far east :confused:

If you are in Arazona, even New York is the Far East, lol. If the bags are actually made in Switzerland for their armed forces, then if they are anything like any other Swiss Army kit I have seen, it should be of very good quality. I can only assume that like other Army gear, thay make winter and summer weight bags, so check out which one you are buying. Don't bother to worry about temp ratings as most of them are wrong anyhow.

11binf

Forager
Aug 16, 2005
Phx. Arizona U.S.A
i agree folks switzerland is not in the far east ...:rolleyes: and i also agree if the sleeping bag is a genuine item of swiss made kit your good to go....but now a lot of cheaply made items from the FAR EAST now carry the SWISS ARMY knife banner on them ie..sleeping bags...same goes for coleman sleeping bags to...and as in my last thread i have seen the WALTHER banner on a survival type shovel with kit inside which is a FAR EAST item.....just a heads up not to waste your cash on cheaply turned out items.....but if you want to, its your money....vince g.11b inf....from ARIZONA..... :D

jayuk

Forager
Feb 24, 2005
UK
Ebay uk usually has one or two - do a search for 'Swiss Army sleeping bag'.

They are a similar shape to the British 58 pattern bags, but made out of the same materials as the German army bags with arms.

I havn't used one myself, although the ones I have seen seem have a decent built quality, but are likely to suffer from the same problems as the German ones (the German / Swiss bags could even have been made in the same factory using the same materials).

jayuk

Forager
Feb 24, 2005
UK
I should add that these are the bags made in the 1970s / 80s which are being released on the surplus market. I believe Swiss army has replaced them with Carinthia bags (as in the link above).

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE