swedish trianga cooker

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
need some help on what these d rings are for?cheers :confused:
pan.jpg
[/IMG]

falcon

Aug 27, 2004
Shropshire
You can carve yourself a temporary handle to insert into the rings when you want to use it as a frying pan so as to reach safely over the fire and avoid getting burned.

Doc

Need to contact Admin...
Nov 29, 2003
Perthshire
Using a stick as a handle works very well indeed. The pan however is not non-stick and frying at high heat will cause difficult to remove stains. Keep the heat low to moderate. If cooking bacon I add a bit of water - this gradually evaporates and you gradually go from boil to fry.

It really is a super bit of kit for those who need to cook over both a stove and a fire.

Bumblebee

Nomad
May 27, 2005
Here and there
Doc said:
Using a stick as a handle works very well indeed. The pan however is not non-stick and frying at high heat will cause difficult to remove stains. Keep the heat low to moderate. If cooking bacon I add a bit of water - this gradually evaporates and you gradually go from boil to fry.

It really is a super bit of kit for those who need to cook over both a stove and a fire.

You'll find that a stainless steel one is easier to clean ;)

anthonyyy

Settler
Mar 5, 2005
ireland
falcon said:
You can carve yourself a temporary handle to insert into the rings when you want to use it as a frying pan so as to reach safely over the fire and avoid getting burned.

Just sticking a knife in the rings works pretty well as a handle.

For the billy can- I have found that the handle gets too hot to handle. I take along a handle from another trangia kit ( sort of a plyers thing).

Bumblebee

Nomad
May 27, 2005
Here and there
Anything between £5 and £20 bepending on condition, material and reseller.

I have imported over 100 of stainless steel ones for three group buys here on BCUK, there might be a few unused ones available due to a few non-payers... See this thread for more info.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE