Swedish army trangia

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

themac

Forager
Jan 6, 2006
Milton Keynes
I was out and about at the weekend and tried serveral new bits of kit. This was one of them.

I have to say that I really liked it, my friend was using a gas burner and when we were fishing by the loch the trangia silently and steadily cooked my spaghetti hoops, while his noisy gas burner screamed in the background and the noise from it was no doubt the reason we caught no fish ;)

Anyways, my question is, does the larger of the two pots have some extra handle you can buy?

Reason being when you boil water in it you have no stable handle to hold to pour the water in to your cup. It does have that little metal loop on the side of it so I'm guessing/hoping that something (other than my leatherman) can attach in to that?

Cheers

falcon

Aug 27, 2004
Shropshire
How about whittling a thinish wedge shaped stick about a foot long....insert this in the slot while holding it by the wire hanger and use the stick to tip out your contents ? The wedge shape enables it to be lightly jammed in the slot firm enough to permit you to pour with.

Toots

Aug 22, 2005
Sutton in Craven, North Yorkshire
I tend to slot the bottom of the pot into the pan lid, using the handle of the lid to control the flow of hot water into drinking receptacle of choice.
Sorry if this is teaching granny to suck eggs though! It works for me.

Goose

Need to contact Admin...
Aug 5, 2004
Widnes
www.mpowerservices.co.uk
If you put the hook throught the "square sticky out bit" on the side of the big pot you can lift it with two hands with the bail arm and it holds it steady to pour and stops the steam burning your hands. You have to be careful but it works.

jdlenton

Dec 14, 2004
Northampton
i like Goose use the hook on the bail arm hooked in the loop on the front of the pot to help pour although a have just my fork a stick or the end of a spoon handel in the loop too.

James

anthonyyy

Settler
Mar 5, 2005
ireland
Goose said:
If you put the hook throught the "square sticky out bit" on the side of the big pot you can lift it with two hands with the bail arm and it holds it steady to pour and stops the steam burning your hands. You have to be careful but it works.
That works but as the man said it aint easy.
I use one of those pot holders that come with the civilian trangia.
You can buy them separately:
http://www.larryadler.com/outdoor_accessories.cfm?Category=55&Product_ID=2889

Nemisis

Settler
Nov 20, 2005
Staffordshire
When I got my SA Trangia I made a handle for the smaller pot with a length of 1" dowel I had over from another job. I tapered it and flattened one edge to fit under the D rings at the other I rounded it off and drilled a hole through about 3/8" diameter approx 1" from the end which I then sawed through from one side opening the saw cut with a knife to form a hook shape. I hold the large can by the wire hook and use the handle hook to tilt and control it.
Dave.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE