Sweden trip.... :-) photo heavy....

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

JonnyP

Oct 17, 2005
Cornwall...
Warthog, Fenlander, Janiepopps and myself had a trip to Gallivare in northern Sweden, to go and do some work on the cabin that Fenlander has bought, and to do some bushcraft and general mooching about up there......Wow, what a place.....Autumn is in full swing up there and the colours are just stunning....Didn't manage to see any reindeer or mooses, apparently they have all disappeared because the hunting season had just begun :rolleyes: , but we found plenty of poo and tracks, including a freshish bear poo :yikes: We also went and stayed a night at Lotti's place http://www.kirunadogcamp.com/ where we went up a bumpy track as far as the car would go, then it was onto the quad bike and trailer to get to a beautiful cabin and more fun.....
Anyway....Some pics of the trip....

The cabin, from the lake...
DSC04134Small.jpg

Kevin in the lake after a sauna....Face tells you how cold the water was...
DSC04081Small.jpg

Unfortunately Russ cut his leg quite bad while dipping in the lake after his sauna and we had to fetch an ambulance to take him away to be sewn back up...
DSC04085Small.jpg

Taking the fish trap out....
DSC04021Small.jpg

Shaving outdoors...
DSC04018Small.jpg

Beautiful sunsets...
IMAGE_035Small.jpg

Beautiful scenery....
DSC04170Small.jpg

Moose poo...
DSC04057Small.jpg

Moose track...
DSC04096Small.jpg

I have never seen so much tinder about...We found true tinder fungus, horse hoof fungus, birch polypore, soooooooooo much birch bark about and this old mans beard...
DSC04058Small.jpg

Inside Lotti's cabin....
DSC04161Small.jpg

Off fishing....
DSC04167Small.jpg

Got a good haul of perch, pike and whitefish...
DSC04205Small.jpg

Getting ready to go dog sledding. We had to sit in this trailer which was attached to the quad and the dogs went in front...The quad helped the dogs on the up hill bits....This was huge fun....
DSC04191Small.jpg

Video of the dog sledding...

Comming back to the cabin and hearing the dogs howling was amazing....

And how cute is this pup...
DSC04178Small.jpg

Cheers guys for a fab time......:You_Rock_

dwardo

Bushcrafter through and through
Aug 30, 2006
Nr Chester
Looks lovely, one day ill get over there. Well done you lot looks like you had fantastic time !

JonnyP

Oct 17, 2005
Cornwall...
Cheers guys, twas a great adventure.....As for Russ....He was soon up and about again, esp with the use of a crutch that Kevin made for him...
DSC04094Small.jpg

JonnyP

Oct 17, 2005
Cornwall...
Russ, more commonly known now as Tiny Tim! Looks like you had a good time out there, what sort of work were you doing on the cabin? Any pics?

:D

I thought you were comming over too Spam...Did you get lost..?
Work involved waterproofing around the chimney with flashband, doing a list of all the stuff in and around the cabin, making a jetty out into the lake, making a wash stand in the toilet shed thingy etc.... We generally worked the mornings and had the rest of the day off...

JonnyP

Oct 17, 2005
Cornwall...
Hang on a minute......

Haven't we seen Kevin somewhere before......?
DSC04081Small.jpg

Doesn't he look like.......
KevthehulkSmall.jpg

Why, I do believe he does......
kevin.jpg

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Moose poo...
DSC04057Small.jpg

I think so too. What are the droppings near it? ;)

Glad you guys had a good time - looks to be amazing!

Gutted I couldn't make it but I think from the look of what you did, I would ahve slowed even Long John Russ down :eek: .

Doesn't stop me wishing I'd recovered quicker though :tapedshut

Red

warthog1981

Native
Jun 3, 2004
Fife
my leg was healing fine until i burst it open during the night fixed it again :rolleyes: sods law did it on the third day there and was there for two weeks.

P9070002.jpg

view of Kevins Cabin

P9190194.jpg

View looking up from the waters edge

P9190191.jpg

view from my window in the morning

P9070013.jpg

my bed room

P9090029.jpg

berry bannock

P9140133.jpg

home smoked whitefish

P9160148.jpg

my cruch managed to get it home on three flights

P9090030.jpg

ready to light the sauna fire

P9090035.jpg

my lovely hospital bed

P9180187.jpg

nice sunsets

P9120102.jpg

an old friend

warthog1981

Native
Jun 3, 2004
Fife
no they took them out last Monday but it hadent healed as well as the wanted and the cut just opend up again lol you know me never take it easy enough for things to heal ;)

no we didnt even fish :lmao:

JonnyP

Oct 17, 2005
Cornwall...
Welcome back Russ....Great adventure eh...I am impressed you got your crutch back, did you manage to get an upgrade to first class..?

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE