SWC Handmade Knives

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

2blackcat

Nomad
Nov 30, 2004
bromley
Those kits look intresting too
Anyone know if that's a good deal?

I want a Bushcrafter from Allan Blade but until he's well enough to take orders again I may as well try one of those ..... maybe

But to answer your question - never dealt with them so I'm absolutly useless to you ...... nothing new there then :(

rapidboy

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jun 14, 2004
BB
Nice looking blades.
Looks like they are slightly hollow ground so you might have to spend a little time with a stone to get the much saught after scandi grind.

rb

leon-1

rapidboy said:
Nice looking blades.
Looks like they are slightly hollow ground so you might have to spend a little time with a stone to get the much saught after scandi grind.

rb

Hi Guys, I have had an e-mail from Steve that makes these knives and he states that his knives are flat ground so you should not have a problem with the scandi grind.

My apologies for not posting this sooner as Steve sent the mail to me on the 1st of January, but I have been away for a while and on my return have had a network issue resulting in my not being able to post this until now, so my apologies also to Steve,

Leon.

tomtom

Dec 9, 2003
Sunny South Devon
the maker of these knives is a member on britishblades, he goes by the name ghubca i think he is a member here too but i dont know his username..

The 65 pound Knife kits (the one which has had the HT done) looks like really good value, i may get one at some point.. he doesnt appear to have any compleated knives up for sale at the moment, but the quality looks good so price dependant they may well be a good buy imo!

monkey_pork

Forager
May 19, 2005
Devonshire
Hmm, interested in the follow up here as I'm very tempted by these knives.

Not sure about the kit tho' tempting as it is ... I'm shockingly bad working with wood.
:rolleyes:

Marts

Native
May 5, 2005
London
tomtom said:
the maker of these knives is a member on britishblades, he goes by the name ghubca i think he is a member here too but i dont know his username..

I'm guessing it's Ghubca ;)

eraaij

Settler
Feb 18, 2004
Arnhem
I received this blade from him last week. I wanted a Woodlore with an edge that went all the way to the handle. He delivered right on time and the flat grind on this blade is absolutely perfect, better even than my Alan Wood Woodlore. And perfect communication all the way.

I can't say anything about the edge holding - If I have time, I will put on some olive wood handles this weekend - but I don't think that there are nasty surprises there.

steve_wade_woodlore.jpg

-Emile

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE