Swazi sizing query...

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Hellz

Nomad
Sep 26, 2003
Kent, England
www.hellzteeth.com
Hi guys,

I'm in the market for some warm mid layers and having had a good look round the web have decided that the Swazi Bush Shirt looks just the ticket.

Now, all I need to know is what are their sizings like? I've read the sizing guides, but this is a man who has also read the Swanndri sizing guides... :rolleyes:

How do these come up? I'm about 5' 6" with a 41" chest. I'm usesd to being a medium in most things, but the Swazi chart has me down as a large. Would this mean really long sleeves on me? I only want to be able to get a t-shirt under it. Anyone got any experience they could share?

Thanks,
Hellz

TheGreenMan

Native
Feb 17, 2006
beyond the pale
Hello Hellz,

My only experience of Swazi garments isn't of their Bush Shirt, but of their Tahr Anorak.

I'm 6' tall and a 42" chest, and having looked at Swazi's size chart I ordered a Large (42"). When it arrived I found it to be a little tight in fit. I then exchanged it for and Extra Large (46") and it's a good fit for an exterior garment, a little on the loose side to allow for freedom of movement.

Also another thing to be aware of are the colour descriptions. I ordered from Swazi's Web site and chose the colour 'Olive' thinking it would be...er...Olive. It turned out to be a very dark 'bottle' green. If you are going to order a garment that you would like in what is generally understood as Olive, order 'Tussock Green'. I would describe Tussock Green as a colour somewhere between Olive and Khaki

The difficulty that I found on the Web site was that there were no references anywhere that illustrated the difference between the two colours. If you have one of their printed catalogues there are notes next to each garment that clearly illustrate what the differences are between the colours so ordering the wrong colour is pretty hard to do.

I know that there is no direct comparison between the relative fit of a mid-layer and an outer-layer garment, but in terms of sizing this is the only experience I can relate to you.

The best advice I can possibly offer is if you know who you are going to buy the shirt from, then give them a ring, they'll have physical access to the shirt and will probably be able to give you good advice as the actual fit - is the garment generously cut or a close fit etc.

Good luck.

Paul.

Hellz

Nomad
Sep 26, 2003
Kent, England
www.hellzteeth.com
Thanks Paul, that's actually really helpful (about the colouring too).

I was planning on ordering from Tamarack, so I'll give them a call and try to get an 'armpit to armpit' measurement :D

I fancy a tahr, but I'm not sure my Birthday budget will run to one.... :rolleyes:

Thanks very much!

Hellz

TheGreenMan

Native
Feb 17, 2006
beyond the pale
You’re welcome.

Taramak is one of my favourite places to hang-out on the Web. I suffer from ‘small boy syndrome’ – nose pressed firmly against the sweet shop window, and drooling <chuckle>

On the matter of the dilemma of the Bush Shirt or the Tahr, I know of someone on a few forums who has the motto ‘when in doubt buy both!’ I feel this is sound advice and well worth following <chuckle>

Happy Birthday!

Best regards,
Paul.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE