swapping some gear. Or trying to.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

oldsoldier

Forager
Jan 29, 2007
MA
I have a bunch of US army stuff kicking around, and would like to trade it off. I have, off the top of my head, a large US army rucksack, with frame, slightly modified to make it more comfortable. I also have some web gear; I have a complete SPEARS system, that I'd rather not part out, and would like to ship it whole. The system is essentially a complete vest, with all the pockets & dodads being detachable. It also has "flotation aids"; closed cell foam pads for the shoulders, back & chest that you can put in to aid in floating. I never tested it for that, so I cant vouch if it works or not . I have various other web gear kicking around as well. If you're looking for something in particular, ask. I was a semi professional scrounger while I was in the Army . I'm looking for only a few things at the moment; a yoke to carry the side pockets on a british military bergen (perhaps two, so I can give one to my nephew), and a couple of water bottle pouches. I'd also be interested in a swedish firesteel, SA stove, a good smock (plain color preferred, like black, or green), size large. If you're interested in any of this, let me know. Thanks!

Riven

Dec 23, 2006
England
Do you have an olive green Alice butt pack.What kind of w/bottle pouches are you looking for?

Brian

Settler
Nov 6, 2003
Saltburn
Hi Oldsoldier,

I think I've got some DPM water bottle pouches lying around somewhere. Not sure what I would swap, probably some field gear/webbing, might be interested in a Butt pack or something like that. Send me a PM if your interested mate.

Brian

oldsoldier

Forager
Jan 29, 2007
MA
Thanks guys. I'll dig around, see if I still have a buttpack. Its possible I have both an older canvas one and a newer nylon one. If I do, I KNOW I dont have the metal clips for em. Those things tear skin up good. What we used to do was tie everything on with 55 cord. I'll look in the attic this weekend, see what I can find. In fairness, I'm gonna give each person first dibs, as they've responded here. I'm gonna get snowed in tomorrow, so, I'll dig around & get back to everyone.

pothunter

Settler
Jun 6, 2006
Wyre Forest Worcestershire
Hi Oldsoldier

Still can't find the yoke, really annoying as I know that I havn't disposed of it, or cannibalized it as often happens to kit that I now longer use.

When I find it I'll drop you a line, sorry to mess you about.

Pothunter.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE