Swap: metal lathe for wood lathe

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Dreadhead

Bushcrafter through and through
Looking to trade a Granville Senior metal lathe for an electric wood lathe.

The metal lathe is good condition and works perfectly fine. Have had problems adjusting the chuck but should be easily fixable see THIS thread. There are some cog wheels missing from the left hand side which adjust the speed but i don't think these would be difficult to source. It also comes with an array of drill bits and cutting tools. I'm afraid that's all we know about the machine. There is more information on it HERE

p1060684h.jpg

p1060683b.jpg

p1060682r.jpg

p1060688v.jpg

p1060686y.jpg

p1060687i.jpg

p1060681bt.jpg

p1060689p.jpg

p1060690.jpg

realearner

Forager
Sep 26, 2011
kent
Might be, got a wood lathe and never used it cause it's buried in my workshop somewhere. Will have a look for it tomorrow and get back to you.

johnbaz

Nomad
Mar 1, 2009
Sheffield, england.
www.flickr.com
Hi Dreadhead

I have a Record 24DML, I also have a set of wood chucks and a set of chisels if they're of interest at all..

From memory the lathe is a five speed and will take a 24" workpiece..

Don't have photos of the lathe but here's a pic of one that I borrowed from the net!!
Record24DMLX_zps2dcc84bd.jpg

Marples chisels and Record power chuck set, Chisels are around 13" long..

Chiselsnchucks_zps9cf54444.jpg

None of the stuff has actually been used but the lathe has been stored in my garage and the tubes of the bed have acquired some surface rust which I can remove with fine emery cloth in my little Faircut metal lathe, it will make them like new again..

Cheers, John :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE