Sutherland

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

nodd

Nomad
May 12, 2004
liverpool
Hi I have just bought Photoshop elements 9 and have just been having a play around with it on a photo I took a while ago. I would welcome any comments on my novice attempt.
Neil

sutherland.jpg

Andy T

Settler
Sep 8, 2010
Stoke on Trent.
great photo nodd where was it taken .............the shape of the island/ headland looks alot like the island of swona just across the pentland firth

Highbinder

Jul 11, 2010
Under a tree
Beautiful. I used to live in Caithness when I was a teen, and was up camping through Sutherland this summer. I love the northern coasts, awesome shot :)

fred gordon

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 8, 2006
Aberdeenshire
All I can say is that I wish I had taken it! Looks great to me and I haven't been in that area for years. Look forward to more pics.goodjob

jimcall

Oct 15, 2008
Falkirk
Hi Neil, thats a nice photo. I wish I knew more about photo editing but I did have a quick play about with your pic in photoshop. I tried to bring out more detail on the cliff and in the clouds. Then I applied the rule of thirds - that brought the focus of attention to the cliff and made the horizon sit along the bottom third line. Unfortunately it made the summit of the little top to the right disappear! Hope thats constructive.
regards,
Jim

Untitled-1.jpg
[/IMG]

Highbinder

Jul 11, 2010
Under a tree
Hi Neil, thats a nice photo. I wish I knew more about photo editing but I did have a quick play about with your pic in photoshop. I tried to bring out more detail on the cliff and in the clouds. Then I applied the rule of thirds - that brought the focus of attention to the cliff and made the horizon sit along the bottom third line. Unfortunately it made the summit of the little top to the right disappear! Hope thats constructive.
regards,
Jim

Untitled-1.jpg
[/IMG]

I think the composition of third water is distracting because the clouds have been cut so to speak. I think if you were to take less off the top of the image it'd sit better to the eye, with the cloud 'band' as the 2/3rds if you understand me.

jimcall

Oct 15, 2008
Falkirk
Yes I think I know what you mean Highbinder. The clouds are certainly an integral part of the overall composition, I still don't like the fact that I cut of that little summit either, it drew the eye. Interesting photo for commenting on though!

Jim

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE