Sussex New Year Meet

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Aaron

Need to contact Admin...
Dec 28, 2003
Oxford/Gloucs border
Sorry fellas I have some private tree work to do this weekend so dont think I will make it down :( - will have to try and get to the next one if it doesnt clash with college. I have some brilliant woods with L.O.P in Bucks - we will be organising a weekend meet within the next few months for those who fancy somewhere new to camp out (ooo errr....). Anyway fellas have a good weekend and sorry I couldnt be there Aaron

T

TimB

likewize, once again I will have to back out due to a stinking cold... it seems that destiny is not on my side with this meet up!
Last year my van broke down... hopefully ok for one of the meets later in the year...

Hope everyone has a great weekend!

Tim

JonnyP

Oct 17, 2005
Cornwall...
Shame you guys couldn't make it, we had a great time....We ate well, drank well, started to fence the well, compared shineys, and had a damn good laugh round the fire, I will smile every time I see a seagull now or a pussy wort. I learnt that this is not the best time of year for splitting hazel, and that a swannie is great for shedding water, but once its wet, its gonna take ages to dry out. Was good to see all you guys again and nice to meet new faces. Scott....Good luck with that ember mate, keep at it....Cheers Wayne for hosting....... :)

The Joker

Native
Sep 28, 2005
Surrey, Sussex uk
Had a great time, thank you Wayne for hosting.

Weather was pants................But the company easily made up for that.

Was great meeting some new friends...................Looking forward to the next one now.

Thanx again guys :D :D :D

ScottC

Banned
May 2, 2004
uk
Was a great weekend, good to get out and learn some new things, see old faces and some new ones.

Cheers guys and see you again

Spot on weekend!

Thanks Wayne for having us in your woods - a stunning location!

Also thanks to all the made it to the meet - your company was much appreciated.

I am no longer suspicious of The Joker, although he could have packed a few more beers into his rucksack.

Looking forward to seeing you guys again :You_Rock_

Phil.

Buckley8219 said:
Cheers guys, I had a great time even if I did spend most of the weekend asleep, how comfy are hennessy hammocks!

Thanks for hosting wayne, I would give you some rep but I have no idea how to do it.

Zzzzzzzz - hammocks are too comfy ;)

As for Rep. click on the scales to the righthand side of a post from the member you wish to leave rep for (this will be indexed in the users cp so they can see the post where you left your rep)

Great to see you Buckley and thanks for the Zebra billy cans ;)

Phil.

JonnyP

Oct 17, 2005
Cornwall...
Wayne said:
I forgot to add well done Scott for winning the firesteel kindly donated by Bushwacker Bob.

I would never have guessed he listens to S Club.
That was one lovely piece of work that.....You would never of thought, that someone who likes "music" like that, could produce such a work of art...

bushwacker bob

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 22, 2003
STRANGEUS PLACEUS
Jon Pickett said:
That was one lovely piece of work that.....You would never of thought, that someone who likes "music" like that, could produce such a work of art...
Great weekend,cheers guys.
I'll return Waynes Mcfly tape,Scotties Westlife tape and Jons' Steps tape when I next see you. :You_Rock_
The Joker had a secret stash of beer in a barrel under his Swannie. ;)
Thanks for the use of the Tarp Too much kit to carry.
:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:
It was a shame some couldn't get there,maybe next time.
Sorry I arrived late and missed the early leavers,still, the uncleared fire remains and cut hazel,left by Hardyferret came in handy.
Maybe I should change my user name to Not enough kit?

andyn

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 15, 2005
Hampshire
www.naturescraft.co.uk
Still no internet at home so thank you's had to wait till this morning.

Thanks very much to Wayne for organising the meet and putting in the efforts to bring up the tarps and cooking gear from the car.

The weather were'nt great but i think we must all have thick skins....a bit like penguins perhaps. :rolleyes:

Big thanks to everyone that made it an enjoyable weekend, it was a pleasure to share the fireside with you all and have a right good giggle.

ScottC keep up the efforts on the bow drill set you made mate, you did a good job to get a working set in the conditions we were in, ignore the frustrations and keep trying...you'll get it soon enough.

Hope to see you all around soon.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE