Sussex/Kent Group Meet - April @ Forgewood, Danegate (Nr Tunbridge Wells)

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Nova & Pinky

Settler
Jan 13, 2011
Mitcham, South London (Surrey)
Okay, based on responses here and via PM, this is the final list (I think) as it currently stands.
If there are any further changes, please let me know!

1) Nova & Pinky (Fri & Sat)
2) comeonbabylightmyfire (Fri & Sat)
3) Neumo (Fri-tbc, Sat)
4) bmartin1uk (Sat)
5) Loenja (Sat)
6) Jamesk +1 (Sat)

DaveWL

Forager
Mar 13, 2011
Cheshire, UK
Evening all.

Just to let you know that Forgewood was a lovely site. I only ended up staying the one night - was called back home early on the Saturday. But SWMBO says it means I get another weekend away in credit so I can head out again soon.

Piccies below. And hope that you guys get as nice a weather as I did! ;)

DaveWL

Forager
Mar 13, 2011
Cheshire, UK
Piccies as promised :

Inward bound - can't complain with that weather!
bcuk_001.jpg

bcuk_002.jpg

Cocked up and went to the out of bounds area first
bcuk_003.jpg

bcuk_004.jpg

bcuk_005.jpg

Packed up and moved to the "allowed" area - set up and Trangia out for tea
bcuk_006.jpg

bcuk_007.jpg

bcuk_008.jpg

Fire up - first time out and about with just a firesteel and cotton wool so chuffed with that. Settled in for the evening.
bcuk_009.jpg

bcuk_010.jpg

bcuk_011.jpg

Have a good meet all! There was another BCUK member at the site last week with his missus. If you spot this hope you enjoyed the rest of the weekend!

TJRoots

Nomad
Jul 16, 2009
East sussex
1) Nova & Pinky (Fri & Sat)
2) comeonbabylightmyfire (Fri & Sat)
3) Neumo (Fri-tbc, Sat)
4) bmartin1uk (Sat)
5) Loenja (Sat)
6) Jamesk +1 (Sat)
7) TJRoots (the scruffy looking guy with the beard that is not)

i can do whenever :) looking forward to it.

DaveWL

Forager
Mar 13, 2011
Cheshire, UK
I'm planning to head up to Forgewood again in May (probably the 20th to the 22nd). They seem to be running some bushcraft lessons every Saturday with Greencraft - thought I'd have a look.

Or any other recommendations for somewhere down this end of the world?

Nova & Pinky

Settler
Jan 13, 2011
Neil1 on here is the Greencraft guy and I'm in discussions regarding a more 'permanent' regular venue for the Sussex/Kent/Surrey crew :)

The last meet was at WoWo - and although very campsite-y, would be lovely out of season!

jamesk

Mar 21, 2011
Reigate
So,

what do we do?
When do we turn up?
Who do we pay?
What will we do there? We want to cook venison steaks. Maybe with some other food we bring along :)

Nova & Pinky

Settler
Jan 13, 2011
Oooh reminds me, I need to sort out the weekend's provisions!

I'm just checking if it's okay for us all to pay John separately on arrival, instead of me having to pay up front! (say you are with the BCUK group)

Pinky and I are generally hoping to chill out - I may do some whittling/spoon making. Going to bring the dutch oven for some al fresco camp cooking practice :)

Also be out first time out with the hammocks so may need help in setting them up!!

bmartin1uk

Forager
May 4, 2010
Baldock, Herts
Really looking forward to this now. Will be walking in, so wont have too much kit with me, or i'd have joined in with some dutch oven kit. The site looks awesome - plenty of room to hang some hammocks. Glad there'll be some other hammocks - we can give each other some help and swap some ideas.

comeonbabylightmyfire

Need to contact Admin...
Sep 3, 2010
London
Hey everyone. This sounds like it's gonna be so cool. What time are we hoping to pitch up? I'm a hammock virgin so I'd be really interested in observing and helping out if needs be. I've a small tent, but want to play about with tarp configurations because I've got a new 3M x3M DD jobbie and this is its first outing.

Neumo

Jul 16, 2009
West Sussex
I will be there on Saturday mid morrning onwards, as I have to be in work on Friday now; damn meetings.... I will bring a hammock & while I am no expert I can show anyone interested in differnt ways to set it up etc... I will also bring my underblanket so people can have a play with that if they have not had a go with one yet.

Looking forward to the weekend so must start getting bit's togeather and go out to buy some supplies

jamesk

Mar 21, 2011
Reigate
I will be sleeping in my hammock for the first time too. Just put it up once as a test on a sunny afternoon.

Also have a DD tarp with my Hammock and am interested to try out some tarp configurations also :)

Sounds like a lot of us will be practicing hammocks so that will be great.

We might pop to a nearby pub for lunch :)

Loenja

Settler
Apr 27, 2008
forest row
sorry guys i have to cancel again, and at so short notice, i have a revision course that goes on til 5 on saturday, and then i have to get back from london aswell, so its not really worth me coming, sorry
:( :togo::(:yikes:

Neumo

Jul 16, 2009
West Sussex
Is anyone going to post or PM us the details of how we get there & what we do when we arrive, as I cant see any directions or notes about this. Do we just turn up at the main reception and ask for the BCUK lot?

jamesk

Mar 21, 2011
Reigate
Cool, just confirming details with my dad, but I think we hope to be there by midday.

I will have a hammock to put up too, and I have a little experience with the DD ones so I can (try and) help anyone with similar.

bmartin1uk

Forager
May 4, 2010
Baldock, Herts
CRAP! cant make it. Have to look after the niece and nephew. gutted, but family comes first and all that. Hope to get an invite on the next one and looking forward to some photos. Will be jealously thinking of everyone camping while im watching poxy sponge bob square pants for the fourth time!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE