sussex group

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Marts

Native
May 5, 2005
London
There's the Ashdown group. PM Paganwolf or Bambodoggy for details. Otherwise it's possible there could be something brewing around the Blackberry wood thread so keep an eye on it

HERE

Wayne

Mod
Mod
Dec 7, 2003
West Sussex
www.forestknights.co.uk
There are a growing number of people on here from Sussex.

I'ts about time we had a group going. Shinobi has organised a drinks session in Brighton.
If there is enough interest i dont see why we could not have a meet up in Sussex.:)
I have access to some land should the need arise.

Marts

Native
May 5, 2005
London
I'm definitely up for a meet. As far as events/demos goes - personally I'd love to have some help with flint knapping. Would also like to look at tracking more. However a couple of trees for a hammock and a fire to cook and chat over are really my main requirements :)

Rick

Jun 26, 2005
Brighton
There are a few of us meet in Brighton quite regularly, usually for pubcraft sessions. I'm up for widening the network. Which part of Sussex are we talking?

shinobi

Settler
Oct 19, 2004
Eastbourne, Sussex.
www.sussar.org
Hiya William#,

Firstly, welcome to BCUK. :) Secondly, hello from another sussex bushcrafter. :D There's starting to be quite a strong Sussex community being built up here. There are people from the length and breadth of Sussex. Myself over in the East all the way to Wayne over in the west. Rob up in Crawley and all points in between!!! Where abouts are you based?
We've managed to meet up with others at the Ashdown moots as well as pub meet-ups in Brighton as Rick mentioned. There are plans afoot for bigger and better events in the future. ;)

I guess the next event a lot of us will be going to will be the Weald Woodfair held at Bentley Wild-fowl centre at the end of the month. You up for that?
Looking forward to meeting up with you soon.

Cheers,

Martin

Wayne

Mod
Mod
Dec 7, 2003
West Sussex
www.forestknights.co.uk
Rob.

Its about time you got down to my woods.

By the enterance local archeaology group has found an ancient tile kiln. Records show it dates before 1400.

Also there is quite a nice pub 10 mins walk fro my site.

bloodline

Settler
Feb 18, 2005
England
I would come to a Sussex meet Ive been to Blackberry Wood and would like to see more of the area. I remember when Kent was the Garden of England before the road system covered it.

Kepis

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 17, 2005
Sussex
Wayne said:
There are a growing number of people on here from Sussex.

I'ts about time we had a group going. Shinobi has organised a drinks session in Brighton.
If there is enough interest i dont see why we could not have a meet up in Sussex.:)
I have access to some land should the need arise.

Where and when are these drinks sessions then?

shinobi

Settler
Oct 19, 2004
Eastbourne, Sussex.
www.sussar.org
maver said:
Where and when are these drinks sessions then?
maver,

We've had a couple so far. Seeing as Brighton is accessible for most people (and there are a high number from that fair city,) We've held them there. We usually choose a pub near the train station so those people from out of town can get there as well.

I feel the need for another meet-up soon!! :rolleyes: How does next Tuesday sound to everyone? but we'll go with which night the majority of people can make it.

cheers,

Martin

p.s. William# that sounds good to me!! I'm always up for trying new places out. Is that the forestry commission site with the sandstone climbing area?

Phil562

Settler
Jul 15, 2005
Middlesbrough
Shinobi

Making a midweek drink would be a problem for me, but a weekend get together would be ideal, whatever the weather or time of year. :D

shinobi

Settler
Oct 19, 2004
Eastbourne, Sussex.
www.sussar.org
Phil562 said:
Shinobi

Making a midweek drink would be a problem for me, but a weekend get together would be ideal, whatever the weather or time of year. :D
I'm not surprised. That's a hell of a way to come !!! :D
We'll see how things pan out. you never know, the weekend might be preferential to other people as well.

If it helps, a few of us will be going to the Weald woodfair on saturday 24th September if you fancy joining us?

Martin

Kepis

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 17, 2005
Sussex
shinobi said:
maver,

We've had a couple so far. Seeing as Brighton is accessible for most people (and there are a high number from that fair city,) We've held them there. We usually choose a pub near the train station so those people from out of town can get there as well.

I feel the need for another meet-up soon!! :rolleyes: How does next Tuesday sound to everyone? but we'll go with which night the majority of people can make it.

cheers,

Martin

QUOTE]

Sounds good to me, PM with the pub name as and when

Jul 12, 2006
Chichester
Afternoon all,

Just signed up with this site and was looking for fellow bushcrafters is the west & east sussex area. I've only just started bushcrafting so I'm looking for pub-meets and camping weekenders (landowners permitting, of course) to see if I can't find my feet.

I live near Chichester so if anyone is down this way let me know - also I think I just missed the pub gathering you had organised so would like to know when you meet up again (I work near Brighton so not a problem to meet this end of the county).

Niall.

pibbleb

Settler
Apr 25, 2006
Sussex, England
I'm from the Horsham area along with Jon so any meet ups would be of interest.

First I've heard of the pub meets, but this would also be of interest.

Pib

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE