Sussex Bushcraft group meet for March: 24th/25th at Broadstone Warren

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

jackcbr

Native
Sep 25, 2008
Gatwick, UK
www.pickleimages.co.uk
Cheers Simon, but who's going to baby sit me? Should be over about 2. Shall I bring the Dutch oven and grill? Anyone fancy a communal meal? Can cater for about 5 or 6 from it. (it's only a small one). Anyway, give me a heads up and we can pool resources.

spandit

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 6, 2011
East Sussex, UK
I can bring a big grill (roughly the same size as the bottom of a Tesco trolley, coincidentally). I've got a menu planned for the Friday so won't need to be included in your Communist plans (besides, can't afford it, being gouged on a commission ;))

jackcbr

Native
Sep 25, 2008
Gatwick, UK
www.pickleimages.co.uk
Ok, well I'm shopping Wednesday night, so, if I haven't heard from anyone, I'll do a solo too. I can see dirty hot dogs already. Spandit, I was thinking the cast iron grill rather than a wire frame, so yours might be more useful. I'll pack the oven in the car just in case.

Hugo

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 29, 2009
Lost in the woods
I am just finishing off a canvas tarp I started today, only got the tie down points to do.
Going to bring it with me to the meet, should be warmer that my Tatonka with the ends closed.

spandit

Jul 6, 2011
East Sussex, UK
I am just finishing off a canvas tarp I started today, only got the tie down points to do.
Going to bring it with me to the meet, should be warmer that my Tatonka with the ends closed.

Sounds good, Hugo, looking forward to seeing it

Peter_t

Native
Oct 13, 2007
East Sussex
should see you guys friday, will prob go strait from work again so arive around 6ish :)

should i bring some firewood? may be able to blag some birch cord wood from work

spandit

Jul 6, 2011
East Sussex, UK
Just made a list of kit to bring. How the hell am I going to cope with the walk-in. REALLY need to rethink this simple life, back to basics hobby

I know what you mean - I can hardly lift my Bergen & there's nothing in the rocket pouches yet! I'm hoping in the summer I won't need both sleeping bags, underquilt & warm clothes (& I'll probably leave the cast iron pan & axe at home)

veryWildbill

Nomad
Aug 15, 2010
west sussex
I just phoned broadstone to check which site we are on at the weekend, and it seems we dont have one allocated.
They said that the booking hasnt yet been confirmed.

spandit

Jul 6, 2011
East Sussex, UK
Right, just spoken to them - apparently it was only a verbal booking that was pencilled in and they do need a booking form in future. However, he has booked us into D8 over the 'phone (this was the only pitch he offered, it's coincidental that I quite liked this pitch last time :D)

Phew! See you all tomorrow or Saturday!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE