Surplus and Adventure

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Asa Samuel

Native
May 6, 2009
St Austell.
Well after 4 months my order finally arrived.

To try and make up for it they sent a larger bottle of meths, two 98 pat smocks instead of one and a british DPM shirt (which arrived in a size bigger than I ordered which is good anyway as I now know I ordered too small) instead of a US shirt.

Still quite peeved off, oh and they also sent the wrong order slip with this package - the order slip was meant for someone else and had completely different items on it!

Just glad I've finally got my order.

Asa Samuel

Native
May 6, 2009
St Austell.
Sounds like you got some other poor blighters one :rolleyes:

cheers,
Toddy

I don't think so, the order sheet that came with it was for a scarf a 98 pat smock and some boots whereas there was two 98 pat smocks a shirt and meths which was near enough what I was waiting for.

If they ask for it back then I am pretty sure I can keep it. AFAIK the law is that if a company sends you something you can legally keep it.

Asa.

Crafty

Forager
Apr 7, 2009
...Location.... Location....
They are so well known for this that it's become a standard moan :sigh:

Eventually I find I do get all of my order, and it is cheap, no getting away from that, but don't expect it soonish :rolleyes:

It actually becomes a pleasant surprise to find a prezzie waiting for me that I had long forgotten ordering.

Is it good service ? :rolleyes: No.
Do we know this ? :eek: Yes.
Do we still get the urge to buy a bargain from them ? :headbang:

Might be time to have a Who do you Recommend thread, rather than who not to ?

cheers,
Toddy

I have always thought that having bad service as a bit of a slap in the face dis-respect, rather than the practical aspect of.

East Coaster

Forager
Oct 21, 2008
Fife/Scotland
4 months!,,,,an absolute disgrace!

Thanks for the heads up, I'll remember never to use these chancers.

I think it's very important that regular members here highlight poor (and good!) service they recieve from suppliers. :You_Rock_

archie3

May 9, 2007
LANCASHIRE
I bought a parachute from them to use as a group shelter. It was advertised on Ebay as having a "few cuts as required by law" The chute I received looked like it had been through a mincer in addition to the obvious inservice damage there where more than 60 large scissor cutsin the canopy there wasn't one panel without damage. I tried to return it but the cost of the postage was nearly as much as the cost of whole item.
I for one won't use them again.:soapbox:

Asa Samuel

Native
May 6, 2009
St Austell.
I bought a parachute from them to use as a group shelter. It was advertised on Ebay as having a "few cuts as required by law" The chute I received looked like it had been through a mincer in addition to the obvious inservice damage there where more than 60 large scissor cutsin the canopy there wasn't one panel without damage. I tried to return it but the cost of the postage was nearly as much as the cost of whole item.

Ouch, that sounds pretty annoying :(

I prefer using real surplus stores but the one near me is quite small and just sells the usual shirts, pants and some bits and bobs, not much interesting stuff.

helixpteron

Native
Mar 16, 2008
UK

If an item offered for sale is not as described (ie, size) you are legally entitled to a refund of your postage costs to return such items.

The store should of course know this, as it forms part of the Distance Selling, Consumer Protection Legislation!

It may be worth reminding them!

Bottom line is: Full refund of purchase price, including postage, and your postage costs to return the item/s!

nige7whit

Forager
Feb 10, 2009
Brize Norton / Midlands (rest)
On the issue of where to get Methylated spirits; Wilkinsons sell it in the decorating department.

Also.... Regarding mail order.... I believe I'm correct in stating that the Royal Mail won't deliver meths (amongst other things), and this will be a courier delivery (more expensive).

If buying meths by mail order, it's often worth ordering in bulk (10 litres or more) from a supplier such as

http://www.jpennyltd.co.uk/shopping/pgm-more_information.php?id=348

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE