Super Sausage February Meet - Pic Heavy

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

MartinK9

Life Member
Dec 4, 2008
Leicestershire
Thanks again to Alex for organising.

Very nippy with the wind whipping through the wood but the rain held off.

My Set Up:

mysetup2.jpg

Karl starting the fire:

karlbattoning2.jpg

karlbattoning3.jpg

The tarp helped a lot:

communal.jpg

Woodsy, Simon and Steil's starter:

ionakingprawns.jpg

This Meets theme jerkying:

jerkyo.jpg

jerky2.jpg

Anti- canine device too:

jerky3.jpg

Woodsy's Salmon:

salmon2.jpg

Smoking away:

smokingaway2.jpg

Done:

salmono.jpg

donecx.jpg

Whilst Simon cooked kippers for sunday Brunch:

kippers.jpg

I tidied up:

tidyup.jpg

Great to see everyone again.

shaggystu

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 10, 2003
Derbyshire
good photo's martin, thanks for sharing. i will make it down to one of these soon, looks like a great site and some superb eating!

stuart

morch

Native
May 19, 2005
Darlington
Looks like a great weekend, and the food.......... oh my god the food....... looks fantastic, I'm now feeling very very hungry. Thanks for sharing the pics

Dave

negtneg

Dec 29, 2010
Northamptonshire, UK
How did I miss this? Was hoping for another super sausage meet, as I'm based in Northampton and keen to have a go with a tarp and hammock.

Was this posted anywhere (I'm pretty hopeless at finding things without the missus :)

Anyway, looks like you had a good time - and the weather held off!

Karl82

Oct 15, 2010
Leicester
some more pics

my setup

and ready to go home with my rubish in the carrie bags.

carribener mod in use

martin and i made jerky dident take end resault pics :(

me spliting some cherry to carv a spatchula and some spoons.

good weekend thanks Alex for the meet.

Last edited:

sasquatch

Jun 15, 2008
Northampton
Looks great, shame I missed it in the end due to family bizzle. I like the anti canine device, Karl with a stick in his hand! Looks effective. I'll bet he had a little golf cart tyre ready just in case too...good to see you all ate well and Woodsy made it regardless of illness. I really need to get to a meet there soon, it is a lovely little wood. Windy as anything this weekend though! Thanks for sharing Martin.

Karl82

Oct 15, 2010
Leicester
yea the Basil decoy sticks worked great you just had to throw one as far away from the smokeing meat as you could and he would run off to get it and sit and chew it for a few minets

norsch

Feb 5, 2011
Suffolk
Sorry if I misunderstand this thread, I am a newbie here, but have been bushcrafting for forty years. Where were you? That you could catch large shrimp, salmon and herring? Also congrats to the guy with a knife who cuts the beef as good as you would get from Asda.
I am not wanting to offend anyone, but surely supermarket bought products are absolutely nothing to do with bushcraft, otherwise why not buy a Lidl barbeque, some easy light fuel, and pot noodles?

Rant over, nice that you enjoyed your time.

mountainm

Bushcrafter through and through
Jan 12, 2011
Selby
www.mikemountain.co.uk
So you weave all your own cloth, smelted and forged your own knife and your boots are made from rabbit skins from the conies you snared last year? It's the spirit of the thing that matters. Being a purest is great but don't pour cold water on there good time simply because they bought some stuff from a supermarket.

MartinK9

Life Member
Dec 4, 2008
Leicestershire
Sorry if I misunderstand this thread, I am a newbie here, but have been bushcrafting for forty years. Where were you? That you could catch large shrimp, salmon and herring? Also congrats to the guy with a knife who cuts the beef as good as you would get from Asda.
I am not wanting to offend anyone, but surely supermarket bought products are absolutely nothing to do with bushcraft, otherwise why not buy a Lidl barbeque, some easy light fuel, and pot noodles?

Rant over, nice that you enjoyed your time.

Hello and welcome to the Forum.

I cannot speak for the others, so take what is written is from me.

This Meet took place in a wood near Pottersbury.

As I didn't want to slaughter a whole cow for the purposes of experimenting in my hobby, I thought it prudent to buy from Tescos a cheap joint of meat.

Oh and the Meat was cut into strips by a AW/RM Woody and a Mora.

You are of course entitled to your opinion, but I was taught if you don't have anything nice to say dont say anything at all.

Therefore; I bow to your superior bushcraft knowledge and tact and leave you to it before I get banned by a Mod.

shaggystu

Nov 10, 2003
Derbyshire
Hello and welcome to the Forum.

I cannot speak for the others, so take what is written is from me.

This Meet took place in a wood near Pottersbury.

As I didn't want to slaughter a whole cow for the purposes of experimenting in my hobby, I thought it prudent to buy from Tescos a cheap joint of meat.

Oh and the Meat was cut into strips by a AW/RM Woody and a Mora.

You are of course entitled to your opinion, but I was taught if you don't have anything nice to say dont say anything at all.

Therefore; I bow to your superior bushcraft knowledge and tact and leave you to it before I get banned by a Mod.

very restrained martin, well done.

stuart (off to BBQ his breakfast pot noodle)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE