Sunday skiing

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Tor helge

Settler
May 23, 2005
Northern Norway
www.torbygjordet.com
Was out last sunday skiing. Plenty of snow alltough less than earlier years.
I followed a track made by several skiers for a while. But I had no intentions on following these tracks for long. My goal for the trip was to make a nice warm fire, smoke a good pipe and drink some coffee. Purely recreational.

skispor.jpg

Most people just run trough the wood for training purposes, never noticing anything in their path.
A part of the area is a military shooting range, hence the warning sign below. I have never found any unexploded grenades though. And nowadays they mostly use small arms.

skilt.jpg

After half an our (left the ski track) I found a suitable snow drift, with lots of firewood nearby. I took off my gear and started moving some snow with my snow showel.

ski_sekk.jpg

After 20 minutes it looked like this. Making fire in a pine forest is easy. Lots of dry fat wood. Ignites like gunpowder:) .

hule.JPG

After a while the coffe was ready and the pipe lit. Could one ask for more. This is life as it should be. Not the tasteless, sugarfree coke as the advertisement would have us believe:D .

hule2.jpg

The wood was very quiet, if one rule out the howling wind. No animals or birds was present. I saw some day old tracks of grouse, fox and hare (pic below) but not the animals themselves. Could be the weather but I know from earlier trips that this wood is almost free of animals. I have never seen moose tracks here.

harespor.jpg

Some other pictures of the area.

fjell.jpg

sol.jpg

Tor Helge

SOAR

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 21, 2007
cheshire
Great photos Tor, looks like a nice little trip out. very jealous.
Thanks for sharing with us.

Nagual

Native
Jun 5, 2007
Argyll
Looks to be a truly lovely peaceful, place to live. Must be very satisfying to travel about there, make camp, sit down and relax for a while. :)

Cheers, Nag.

crazyclimber

Need to contact Admin...
Jul 20, 2007
UK / Qatar
Very nice pics and was great to have the story behind them too. Times like these I fancy moving north east a thousand miles :)

Eric_Methven

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 20, 2005
Durham City, County Durham
Excellent Tor. Nice to see another pipe smoker enjoying a good fill o' baccy beside the campfire.
Are those Lundhag ski mountaineering boots you are wearing? I still have a pair I bought 25 years ago and they are still in perfect condition.

Eric

Tor helge

Settler
May 23, 2005
Northern Norway
www.torbygjordet.com
Excellent Tor. Nice to see another pipe smoker enjoying a good fill o' baccy beside the campfire.
Are those Lundhag ski mountaineering boots you are wearing? I still have a pair I bought 25 years ago and they are still in perfect condition.

Eric

My boots are a pair of Garmont telemark skiboots. Just like the one below.

prod_1201002913.jpg

I`m not sure if it really is the Geilo model but they look the same. I bought them on sale for about 12 years ago.

Tor Helge

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE