Suggest a bag for MF film SLR & kit

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
N

Nomad

I'm looking for suggestions for a bag to hold the following...

Bronica ETRS camera with waist level finder
2 x film back
40mm lens
lens hood
pouch with 6 x 77mm filters (one of those fold-up types with individual pockets)
Minolta Spotmeter F
At least 10 rolls of 120 film
Minor bits like cleaning kit, spare batteries and cable release

Must be a shoulder bag and have a zip top. Must have good padding and dividers. A flap over the zip would be good (as in some Billinghams). Not too bothered about bulk as long as there isn't dead space inside. Good waterproofing would be nice, but I could live with putting it in a dry bag for transporting.

The idea is to carry it in the rucksack when moving around, and then get it out for wandering around for photos once I'm in the place I want to be.

brancho

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 20, 2007
Whitehaven Cumbria
Not your average SLR but medium format so you need a very big bag.

I have no real suggestions I have not used such big kit but used to want to.

N

Nomad

It's not all that big, really. I have a small Billingham (an S3), which, with the dividers out, can just fit a Canon 30D and 24-70 f2.8 lens+hood (with the hood reversed). The MF gear is a smidge bigger than that. The camera, with film back and lens+hood fitted, goes in, but no room for the second film back or light meter. So, I'm looking for ideas for something that would be a bit bigger than that. (The full MF outfit is a different story, however. An old Billingham 335 is too small, and the whole lot ain't lightweight, especially if I add 4.5kg of tripod).

If you fancy MF film, give it a go. The Bronicas can be reasonably priced if you shop around (they've been going up on eBay), and some of the extras can be had pretty cheap (prism finder, clamp-on hand grip). If they come with a lens, it's usually the 75mm, which is standard focal length. For landscapes, the 50 and 40mm lenses are better. They're all 62mm filter thread, and I use a step-up ring to standardise on 77mm filters and a 77mm no-name rubber hood to avoid vignetting.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE