structral ridgeline on a DD Frontline

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Lister

Settler
Apr 3, 2012
Runcorn, Cheshire
I know that hammockforums is probably the best place to ask this but i figure given how much of us probably have DD Hammocks it'd be worth an ask here. Does anyone use an adjustable structural ridgeline on thier DD? I'm toying with the idea of putting one on my DD Frontline as although i always hammock in the same spot, i can never get the same hang/sag/lay :confused: Has anyone tried one on a DD hammock?

Secondly does anyone know of any UK suppliers i can get one from? I know it's just a longer whoopie sling but I've never had the courage to try and do a regular whoopie sling, let alone a 8-10ft one, I had put the idea to DD to look at doing them, given what they were and to their credit Shelly from DD got back to me saying if they had time on their hands they might look at doing them but as things stood they didn't have the time.

mountainm

Bushcrafter through and through
Jan 12, 2011
Selby
www.mikemountain.co.uk
I've done one on a grey hornet - which is pretty much the same. You have to have the ridgeline connect to 2 dogbones (extenders) that add length to the hammock in order to support the midge net. This can limit your hang capabilities (you can hang in narrow gaps) but you can always remove the ridgeline for those rare occurrences.

Make one! They're easy. Otherwise import one in from Dutch http://dutchwaregear.com/ or talk to Matt at UKhammocks

Last edited:

Chiseller

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 5, 2011
West Riding
Just use a length of suitable cord and a welded ring to extend the ends and pass your ridgeline through the rings with a strangle knot (can't remember it's name)
I've been using a structural ridgeline on my frontline for a few years now.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE