Still life - photo's of the huts of scott and shackleton in antartica

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

SCOMAN

Life Member
Dec 31, 2005
Perthshire
I was in the Shetland Times bookshop today and seen the above book. I managed to have a glance through it and it looks fantastically interesting not just nice photo's but an insight as to how they lived and the equipment and food they had. It was on sale for £24 but have seen it for a tad less than £20 on Amazon. If you're interested in the classic Antarctic expeditions or the region generally this looks to be a very interesting book. BTW it's physically quite a large book. Now top of my christmas list. Have I been a good boy though?

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
Cheers for the heads up, I'll keep an eye out for that one.

Don't suppose they had any early Everest expedition books did they ?

The Cumbrian

Nov 10, 2007
The Rainy Side of the Lakes.
I visited The South Pole Inn at Anascaul on the Dingle Peninsula a few years ago. It was opened by Tom Crean, who travelled to the Antarctic with both Scott and Shackleton ( he was one of the men who sailed in a lifeboat to, and crossed, South Georgia with Shackleton ), and is a great place to visit if you're into Antarctic exploration. While you're having a pint you can see all the old photos and memorabilia.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE