Star Wars Day

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Paul_B

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 14, 2008
Cumbria
I just want to know what happens in a film. Even if it's very bad I'll still probably watch it through to finish the story of the film. They're probably all pretty much the same anyway. Hero up against much more powerful enemy. High jeopardy, multiple close escapes and finished with a win for the underdog hero. Common enough in many other action films.

Reactions: Allison McKenzie

sunndog

May 23, 2014
derbyshire
I'm with you there. But then, I am far less critical of the films as a whole - yes some were a lot better than others but all I ask when I have watched a film is "was I entertained?" and the reality is I think I was "entertained" by all of them.

Broch pacing up and down in his front room after watching any film

"AM I NOT ENTERTAINED!!!"

crosslandkelly

A somewhat settled
Jun 9, 2009
North West London
Anybody else realize Cinco de Mayo is on Taco Tuesday this year!? This is what we’ve been training for!

In 1912, Hellmann's mayonnaise was manufactured in England, and the Titanic was carrying 12,000 jars of the spread scheduled for delivery in Vera Cruz, the next port of call after its stop in New York. This would have been the largest single shipment of mayonnaise ever delivered to Mexico but as we know, the great Titanic did not make it to New York. The ship sank and the cargo was lost forever.
The people of Mexico, who are crazy about mayonnaise, were inconsolable at their loss. Their anguish was so great, that they declared a national day of mourning on May 5th, which they still observe to this day, and it is known, of course as Sinko de Mayo.
96147624_2992231454133328_4857925427039043584_n.jpg

Stew

Nov 29, 2003
Aylesbury
stewartjlight-knives.com
I just want to know what happens in a film. Even if it's very bad I'll still probably watch it through to finish the story of the film. They're probably all pretty much the same anyway. Hero up against much more powerful enemy. High jeopardy, multiple close escapes and finished with a win for the underdog hero. Common enough in many other action films.

This may suit?

Tengu

Jan 10, 2006
Wiltshire
I think the mistake many make with SW is twofold;

To treat every film as if it is the same. They are not. Each is different. IV is The Heroes Journey, I is a Childrens show, II is a Political Thriller.

To only watch the Films and not examine the other Media. There are vast amounts of ties ins of really various quality. Even if just the cartoon series. Many believe that the best SW of recent years is encompassed in the Clone Wars Series.

Thusly you will achieve Enlightenment

Paul_B

Jul 14, 2008
Cumbria
I've been watching the Lego starwars short film a lot with my 7 year old son. Best SW film if only because they were simply using FX animated Lego to take the weewee of of SW. Love the entrance of Darth Maul. The scene just before the end scene when the emperor hugs Darth Vader and DV says "hugs mean love" with a kind of grin to the mask made me laugh too.

C_Claycomb

Moderator staff
Mod
Oct 6, 2003
Bedfordshire
You Tube. Look up How It Should Have Ended. fantastic for Star Wars and both Marvel and DC. Very funny.

A wise friend told me that if people objectively held the original trio (IV, V, VI) to the same critical standard that they have held all the others to, they would be less impressed.

Time changes many things. When I first watched the prequel trio, Ja-ja annoyed the bejezus out of me, but I was happy enough with the story, and thought the special effects were good. Re-watching the prequels after watching the sequels, Rogue1 and Solo I am much less annoyed by JaJa, not just relatively speaking. Now I would put Solo as the worst of the films and the prequels being on par with the sequels for quantity and quality of absurd plot devices, gimmicks and inexplicable holes.

The advantage the original trio has is that they were filmed without needing to make tie-ins to earlier or later work. The prequels really suffered from having to tie in with events already set in film.

Tengu

Jan 10, 2006
Wiltshire
Thats a really difficult choice.

You might as well ask where in the Galaxy Far, Far Away you would like to go?

gra_farmer

Mar 29, 2016
Kent
Friends sent me this, and had to share
3117d049bbcc779eba5827d2c060700e.jpg

Missed the star wars day, but whom I would be, it has to be hans solo

Tengu

Jan 10, 2006
Wiltshire
Rakata Prime. (Lehon)

Nice climate (Think South Seas) Well out of the Old Republic/Empire/New Republic, so you wont have your style cramped by them. Its a Monument world so very good for Archaeology.

And, like Endor, you stand a good chance of being eaten by the natives....

...Only you wont these days, as they are long gone.

Aside from the dangers of feral Rancor and potentialy still active Force artefacts, its a pretty cool place.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE