St Germain - Elderflower Liquor

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Nice65

Brilliant!
Apr 16, 2009
W.Sussex
Sounds lovely, I’m a big fan of Elderflower cordial and fizzy water at the moment.

It’s also served as a handy reminder of an album I haven’t listened to in ages, and I often wondered where the name St Germain came from. The two would probably compliment each other on a sunny afternoon.

Reactions: Macaroon

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
Sounds lovely, I’m a big fan of Elderflower cordial and fizzy water at the moment.

It’s also served as a handy reminder of an album I haven’t listened to in ages, and I often wondered where the name St Germain came from. The two would probably compliment each other on a sunny afternoon.

Reactions: Nice65

Macaroon

A bemused & bewildered
Jan 5, 2013
SE Wales

What an inspired recommendation for a way to spend a nice afternoon; I'm going to do exactly that in the next week or so !

Reactions: Nice65

Woody girl

Mar 31, 2018
Exmoor
I've used plain old cheap vodka....co op. I always do and things turn out fine. No britta filtering at all, just strain it through a coffee filter at the end.
Last years apple pie vodka ( sweet eating apples and cinnamon stick) is lovely.

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
Have tried this now.

Needed to be mixed with a little sugar syrup but very pleasant over some ice. Will make more once the opportunity arises again.

Reactions: Toddy

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
I made it, and it's still sitting in a kilner jar on the kitchen worktop. I kind of forgot it was there. Is there a time limit on the soaking in vodka before I strain it ?

M

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
I made it, and it's still sitting in a kilner jar on the kitchen worktop. I kind of forgot it was there. Is there a time limit on the soaking in vodka before I strain it ?

M

I think there will be a natural point of sort of diminishing returns flavour wise. ( I maybe wrong ) 4-6 weeks is what is i used although the recipe I posted at the top of the day suggest 2/3 weeks.

Reactions: Toddy

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
I think I'm okay then.
I'll strain it through coffee filters tomorrow and we'll see how it has turned out :)

I dried a whole bag load of elderflowers too, I quite like them in my tea as well as made into a syrup, but this in vodka seems awfully fuss free :cool:

Last edited:
Reactions: TeeDee

Woody girl

Mar 31, 2018
Exmoor
I've just filtered and bottled mine yesterday. Looks and smells and tastes lovely.
I think this will be a new favourite.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE