Spur of the moment hammock camp

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Tyla

Tenderfoot
Oct 9, 2006
Sussex, UK
I've not spent a night out alone in a while, married, new house, other things going on etc but after haunting this forum over the last week I was inspired! Even bought a new tarp!

I dragged all the gear out and popped out for the night last night. I didnt get there til dusk, in fact i only decided to do it at about half six, so a not too perfect set up and a bit of a rush to gather wood ensued. Once it was done i settled down next to the woodstove with coffee in hand and watched the river. The wind was strong and i made the wrong choice of sleeping bag but overall had a good time.

I must make the effort to get out more often.

I've got a few pictures but dont have photobucket or whatever so you'll just have to use your imaginations!

stovie

Need to contact Admin...
Oct 12, 2005
Balcombes Copse
....Even bought a new tarp!

..... so a not too perfect set up and a bit of a rush to gather wood ensued. Once it was done i settled down next to the woodstove with coffee in hand and watched the river. .....

I've got a few pictures but dont have photobucket or whatever so you'll just have to use your imaginations!

Like your set-up...not so sure I'd have gone for tartan tarp, but it kind of compliments your tweed plus-fours...eclectic I guess you'd call it.... Nice woodburner BTW...;)

shaggystu

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 10, 2003
Derbyshire
ten out of ten for bravery, that's an angry looking bear in the next field.....where on earth were you to find bears anyway?

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE