Spring Wild Camping With Wiltshire Man And The Jacklore Venison Stew

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Tank

Aug 10, 2009
Witney, Oxfordshire
[FONT=&amp][FONT=&amp]This bank holiday I was given a last minute pass from SWMBO so I quickly arranged a night out in the woods (when you get this unexpected passes you have to make the most of them.[/FONT][/FONT]

[FONT=&amp][FONT=&amp]Below is a video filmed of this brief time in the woods.

[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[video=youtube_share;2LzbbyhUfkk]https://youtu.be/2LzbbyhUfkk[/video]

[FONT=&amp][FONT=&amp]We went to one of Sandy (aka The Wiltshire Man / Jacklore) permissions, a small strip of woodland surrounded by fields[/FONT][/FONT]

We left our kit at the enterence to the small woods and went looking for a spot to setup, and we found it, right at the other end of the woods.

Sandy setup his hammock

Whilst I setup on the ground using my DD Superlight 3x3 tarp, Jerven bag and eXped down 7 mat. This was the first time attempting to sleep with just the Jervens and no sleeping bag, however I did pack a blanket just in case it was too cold, which turned out to be a good idea.

Elsa (one of Sandys dogs) came along to the camp and sat and watched as we setup.

We setup an extra tarp as a wind break, due to thin woodland and open field we suffered with the wind coming through camp.

Shelter from the wind and with a small fire in front of us we remain warm and comfortable through the evening.

Before we left Sandy's, he got some venison out for a stew.

It was well into the evening by the time dinner was ready, so we had to enjoy a tipple or two of whisky around the camp fire as we chatted.

We went of to our shelters for the night as the rain fell onto the tarps.

The morning started around 07:00 with some bacon and coffee, cooked on the lid of the dutch oven on a firebox stove.

It was not long until we had to pack up and head off home

Sandy had a handy kart to carry in and out the heavy items which was handy to have for the walk back out.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE