Sporran making advice

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Eagleman

Apr 5, 2011
Aberdeenshire
I am quite keen to have a crack at making a Sporran (I am maiking a Sgian Dubh too) and I need some advice. I want to make a simple leather sporran in the more or less classic design for leather sporrans with a stiff front, soft sides and back coming over as a flap. I am not really sure where to start to get some leather for the job and exactly what I need as the options are quite bewildering!

Can anyone advise what to get and where to get it to get myself started? I have seen some amazing sporrans made by folk on this site so there must be someone out there that can help.

There is a good tutorial on here by ozhaggishead (I think)
Ive made one but cheated somewhat and got the person I get my leather from to do it all as a kit and just paid the price I was quoted..
From memory you want 3mm veg tan for belt loop and front closure piece. Then just any soft leather or suede for main body.
Sure dreadhead could help you

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE