spitewinter meet august 2010

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Bluefrog

Nomad
Apr 20, 2010
Tywyn North/Mid Wales
bow drill would be great, had about 4 attempts at this and failed every time, got close tho. i may be walking from chesterfield if i cant get a lift off mi dad, so what i can bring may be slim. im gonna pre make a bow drill and bring it along with me tho.

shaggystu

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 10, 2003
Derbyshire
bow drill would be great, had about 4 attempts at this and failed every time, got close tho. i may be walking from chesterfield if i cant get a lift off mi dad, so what i can bring may be slim. im gonna pre make a bow drill and bring it along with me tho.

just to let you know mate, the matlock bus goes straight past the site, it's one of the blue and white "hulleys of baslow" buses, probably catch it from the bottom of the escalators in chesterfield (i'm guessing that you know where i mean, everyone know's where the bottom of the escalators are)

cheers

stuart

shaggystu

Nov 10, 2003
Derbyshire
great thanks, do you know what the number of the bus is, n yer i know the bottom of the escalators hahaha

me and my mate have just been discussing buses, i think it's 63/64 he thinks it's 70something or other. i'd suggest maybe a trip to the bus station would be the way forwards. sorry that's not much help

cheers

stuart

shaggystu

Nov 10, 2003
Derbyshire
Sorry I can't be joining you in August but I see that on the 'Master' Midlands list

http://www.bushcraftuk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=58469

Decorum has added a Spitewinter meet for 22 - 25 October so I have pencilled that in my calander and hope to be there - might be in a tent though rather than a hammock.

Thanks Stu for arranging that.

be good to see you there mate.
you have PM (shortly!)

i imagine that a few people will be retreating to tents, my better half's coming up for the night so we'll be tenting too.

i'll start a new meet thread soon so can people please not start a list on this thread, you'll baffle my little brain, thanks.

stuart

PREPER

Settler
Dec 31, 2009
Notts
I can give you a hand, I suspect you will find everyone else will do their best to help too.

PREPER........... :)

shaggystu

Nov 10, 2003
Derbyshire
just thought i'd bump the list forwards.

shaggystu + 2
Cliv
Ged (more than likely, but I don't plan dates, only trips )
PREPER
ste carey

looks like it's going to be a quiet one again, i'm quite enjoying how the spitewinter meets keep turning out to be cosy little affairs.

don't know if i'll get chance to come online again before tomorrow so if not i shall see you all there, i'll be on site from 10:30 so feel free to arrive anytime after that

cheers

stuart

PREPER

Settler
Dec 31, 2009
Notts
Thanks Stuart for organising a great weekend.
It was good to meet new faces and catch up with old.
Cheers,

PREPER............ :)

shaggystu

Nov 10, 2003
Derbyshire
just got home from another great little meet, as always good to see old friends and meet new ones. the weather finally broke on us with some proper derbyshire rain, a little clue as to why spitewinter got it's name. lovely and sunny today though so kit went away nice and dry which was nice.

sorry there's no photo's from this one, i don't think anyone took a camera. (blame norway, i am!)

thanks to all for a brilliant weekend, see you again soon

cheers

stuart

Elines

Oct 4, 2008
Leicestershire
Sounds like it was a good, gentle meet and hope to be at the next one - and will try to bring my camera - especially now I know (knew??) how to post pictures

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE