spitewinter june 2010

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Muddy Boots

Settler
May 27, 2009
warwickshire
shaggystu
nolightweight TBC
MartinK9 (old hand)
Cliv (old hand)
Elines (not an old hand but willing to help out if i can)
TinkyPete (TBC)
Andy2112

Sorry guys this is a no goer for me dropping name off the list.

shaggystu

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 10, 2003
Derbyshire
just to let you all know, since the upgrade BCUK doesn't really work on my computer, i guess it's got bigger and my little mobile based internet connection just can't handle it, i might be entirely wrong and it might just be that my PC's rubbish but either way it means that i just can't get on here as often as i'd like to. the reason i'm telling you all this is that i really don't want you all to think that i've forgotten about the meet because i've not. it's still going ahead, everything's organised at my end, i just can't really help with any advice, won't really be able to answer any questions, sorry.

please don't be put off by my continued silence for the next few weeks, i'm not ignoring you, i've just been struck dumb by progress. i'll make sure that i get online once or twice before the meet, definately on the 10th if for no other reason than to see who's coming. if anyone has any real issues that they need to speak to me about then i believe that both Cliv and MartinK9 have my phone number, if your names on the list they're welcome to give it to you.

again, really sorry for any difficulties this may cause anyone,

cheers

stuart

shaggystu

Nov 10, 2003
Derbyshire
shaggystu
nolightweight TBC
MartinK9 (old hand)
Cliv (old hand)
Elines (not an old hand but willing to help out if i can)
TinkyPete (TBC)
Andy2112
leaf man

not too long to go now chaps, looking forward to it already.

i was wondering if anyone had anything particular they wanted to get up to over the weekend? we did a bit of bow drill and plenty of cooking last time, anyone any thoughts? if it's a resounding no from everyone that's fine by me, i can sit and stare at the fire with the best of 'em, but you never no, someone might have a cracking idea for a project.

cheers

stuart

leaf man

Nomad
Feb 2, 2010
Blacker Hill
i have plenty of hazel and lime if anyone wants some for the weekend.
i have just finished up making some nettle brew for the weekend. i can not believe how much nettle it takes to add up to 1kg!!
i cant promise it will be any good, but i will bring the lot in bottle if anyone is brave enough....

shaggystu

Nov 10, 2003
Derbyshire
i have plenty of hazel and lime if anyone wants some for the weekend.
i have just finished up making some nettle brew for the weekend. i can not believe how much nettle it takes to add up to 1kg!!
i cant promise it will be any good, but i will bring the lot in bottle if anyone is brave enough....

i've never done anything at all with lime (i don't think we get it round here) but isn't it supposed to be lovely to carve? if you've got any pieces that'd make some big spoons/noggins i wouldn't mind having a bit of a whittle

cheers

stuart

shaggystu

Nov 10, 2003
Derbyshire
Shag , Limes fantastic for bowdrills ...
Twodogs

cheers for that mate. i've been practicing a lot as it happens and getting quite good at it , i reckon i'm succeeding more often than i'm failing now which is nice. been having quite a lot of success with willow, but i shall have a bash with lime......

any chance of some nice drill and hearth sized pieces of lime please leaf man?

cheers

stuart

shaggystu

Nov 10, 2003
Derbyshire
What's the firewood situation there ?

I can bring some charcoal and firelogs if required ?

it can be a bit variable, last meet they'd just had some felling done on site so there was more firewood than we could possibly have needed, i don't know what'll be there this time though, it's pot luck really. i'd suggest that we'll be fine but it'd be nice to have a few crackle logs or similar just to be on the safe side.

cheers

stuart

Andy2112

On a new journey
Jan 4, 2007
West Midlands
it can be a bit variable, last meet they'd just had some felling done on site so there was more firewood than we could possibly have needed, i don't know what'll be there this time though, it's pot luck really. i'd suggest that we'll be fine but it'd be nice to have a few crackle logs or similar just to be on the safe side.

cheers

stuart

Ok Stu, i'll get some more crackle logs before the meet.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE