Southey & JonathanD's Epic Knife Test Thread

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Totumpole

Native
Jan 16, 2011
Cairns, Australia
Hmmm nice soak with some candles and salts maybe a pinacolada and face pac? Will get pics up in a bit dude.
Yeah, not sure i wanna see photos of that!!!!

But otherwise, great review!!! Sounds like a great knife to use in the situations he (BEAR) would use it in. Youve not stabbed it into a log and stood on it yet tho!

Last edited:
Old quick field method I use, great for knives with delicate blades and the blade never comes into contact with the bone or stronger sinews and cartilage. In fact, you don't even need a knife with that method. You just snap and pull.

I think the bush hammer method would be useful for the cow/deer marrrow. If I get one, I'll do it. I really want to push this knife to daft extremes.

Don't worry, I won't be applying the same methods to yours :lmao:

Ive not seen any task that it particularly worrying ;) for my knives maybe a different method to get it done ;)

I've had some blades on test with the Dubai air force who have been battening into sand with a rock (Im hoping its wood they where cutting but as they needed a rock to hit the knife i cant be sure )
are you going to try cutting out of an aircraft fuselage :D

give me a shout when you get them and I can go thro the design thoughts and prototype limitations

ATB
Duncan

Last edited:
Reactions: PoppyD

JonathanD

Ophiological Genius
Sep 3, 2004
Stourton,UK
Funny thing chatting to wifely about it, she likens it to a B and Q own brand tool, said it felt unsteady and clumsy, she LIKES Edward but said she would be disappointed to find this knife in a seat pack\J pack kit, I asked her what knife she would be happy with, after a good half hour of looking through hennie haynes she pointed this out, I patted her on the head in my best condescending manner and said good girl! hahaha! the defence budget will be in trouble if she gets here way, No more Estwing sportsman and huntsman saks!

Mrs Southey likes her big solid blades eh! Blimey. Our defence budget would be gone on just that one purchase.

4844.jpg

Funny she said it looked like a B&Q knife. Emma said exactly the same thing. In fact she thought it said B&Q on it until I gave her that same condescending look and poked it closer to her big googly eyes.

Reactions: PoppyD

JonathanD

Ophiological Genius
Sep 3, 2004
Stourton,UK
Ive not seen any task that it particularly worrying ;) for my knives maybe a different method to get it done ;)

I've had some blades on test with the Dubai air force who have been battening into sand with a rock (Im hoping its wood they where cutting but as they needed a rock to hit the knife i cant be sure )
are you going to try cutting out of an aircraft fuselage :D

give me a shout when you get them and I can go thro the design thoughts and prototype limitations

ATB
Duncan

Cool, I'm looking forward to handling them and trying them out. They might have been delivered to the office next door, in which case I won't get them now till after the BH.

Retired Member southey

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jun 4, 2006
your house!
speaking to nance, the shot side on wouldnt show any kind of relief as it just picks up the radiation that has passed through, so what to get with these materials is a flat shot of the out line if there's any kind of side protrusion it wont show,

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE