Sonic Repellent

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
Does any know if the electrical Sonic repellents for deterring Vermin have a negative effect on Cats and Bats?

Broch

Life Member
Jan 18, 2009
Mid Wales
www.mont-hmg.co.uk
Does any know if the electrical Sonic repellents for deterring Vermin have a negative effect on Cats and Bats?

I don't think they work on rodents let alone cats and bats :)

Seriously though, bats use a huge range of frequencies depending on species; I doubt if the rodent repellents would have any effect on them if you mean 'disrupt their hunting'. If you mean put one up in a loft to deter them, there are units specifically sold for bats. If the bats are already there it would be illegal however in the UK (as you probably already know).

gibson 175

Apr 9, 2022
West Yorkshire
Hi Tee Dee. Just thinking that if they did affect bats, maybe they would not be legal to buy? Or you would need a licence maybe. I don't speak with any knowledge-just a guess

Reactions: TeeDee

Lean'n'mean

Settler
Nov 18, 2020
France
I used a couple a few years back when we were invaded by rats. We had 2 dogs at the time & once they got used to the regular 'click' they didn't appear to be any more bothered by the noise than the rats.

Reactions: TeeDee

slowworm

May 8, 2008
Devon
Well, they put me off as I can often hear them and find them rather annoying. Mind you I don't often gnaw into people's houses or use their veg beds as a lavvy.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE