Something different from me, a leather flask

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

MikeDB

Jack in the Green
Dec 13, 2005
East Yorkshire
Something a little different, a Medieval inspired flask brought into the modern world of food-safe with a Platypus bottle.

The lid is just a prototype so isn’t matched to the main flask colour and I’m still not sure what to do with it yet, ho hum.

DSCF1419.jpg

DSCF1418.jpg

This wee bit of hand and eye engraving took a tad longer!

DSCF1415.jpg

Hope mixing old style with new tech isn’t too much of a mistake. :D

Cheers
Mike

jojo

Need to contact Admin...
Aug 16, 2006
England's most easterly point
I like that. The hand engraving is really cool. I don't think it's a mistake, but it still looks better with the leather cap on! Does the leather expand when you fill the bottle or is the leather pre-formed to accomodate the expansion of the platypus?

MikeDB

Jack in the Green
Dec 13, 2005
East Yorkshire
I like that. The hand engraving is really cool. I don't think it's a mistake, but it still looks better with the leather cap on! Does the leather expand when you fill the bottle or is the leather pre-formed to accomodate the expansion of the platypus?

Oh I agree, it looks much better with a cap, it's just the shape of said cap that I'm not decided on yet. The leather is part moulded so it will collapse into itself when empty, sort of concave rear I guess.

This one is a little bit of a prototype. The next one will be slightly different and you will be able to remove/replace the bottle if needs be.

Now just to summon the courage to subscribe to makers........ :rolleyes:

Lovely work :)

I bet theres a few hours worth there ;)

Umm, a few indeed. ;)

Cheers
Mike

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE