Some sleeping bag help please.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

cockney greg

Tenderfoot
Feb 19, 2014
London E17
Hi guys, thanks to all who answered my hammock question. I'm in the market for a half decent 2-3 season sleeping bag with centre zip for the hammock now, 1.5 kg or less. Can you give a little guidance please? Thanks.

ex-member BareThrills

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Dec 5, 2011
United Kingdom
Have you considered ether a dedicated hammock quilt or just using a standard sleeping bag opened up as a quilt. Centre zip and lightweight are not common. I used a normal bag opened up for over a year while i saved for a proper quilt. they work just as well. Dont worry about the search thing, its next to useless for the most part and its good to talk eh?

Highlander ranger 1 is the only actual bag i can think of that would meet the weight with a centre zip but ive no experience of it. sure to be some reviews out there though

cockney greg

Tenderfoot
Feb 19, 2014
London E17
Have you considered ether a dedicated hammock quilt or just using a standard sleeping bag opened up as a quilt. Centre zip and lightweight are not common. I used a normal bag opened up for over a year while i saved for a proper quilt. they work just as well. Dont worry about the search thing, its next to useless for the most part and its good to talk eh?

Highlander ranger 1 is the only actual bag i can think of that would meet the weight with a centre zip but ive no experience of it. sure to be some reviews out there though
Thanks Paul I'll have a butchers, and you're right, like Bob Hoskins used to say, it IS good to talk. I did see one at DD but it was a touch heavier.

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
I clicked advanced search and typed in 2 - 3 season sleeping bag, simple as that. Read through and narrow your search down then also search on several forums and not just one. Its much better to have a knowledge base to start with because lets be honest the answers on any single forum will just be down to a few members preference.

cockney greg

Tenderfoot
Feb 19, 2014
London E17
I clicked advanced search and typed in 2 - 3 season sleeping bag, simple as that. Read through and narrow your search down then also search on several forums and not just one. Its much better to have a knowledge base to start with because lets be honest the answers on any single forum will just be down to a few members preference.

What is your budget and how big are you?

I want to spend up to £60-65 and I'm 6'2". Sorry for not replying earlier, the lines have been down for a couple of days. Thanks rik I'll get used to it soon I'm sure.

DR2501

Forager
Feb 6, 2014
Bristol
I would have said Go Lite sleeping bags as they do a centre zip, lightweight bag, but they're too expensive for your budget. Maybe watch out for a used one on ebay?

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE