Some recent landscapes

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Zingmo

Eardstapa
Jan 4, 2010
S. Staffs
Missed these when you posted them, Alf; they are fantastic shots, you had the benefit of the scenery and the weather! (Although, as I am always telling myself, you don't find yourself in such places by accident).

The last pic is a textbook picture of a glacial hanging valley- what in Wales would be called a cwm (I think the english term is "corrie") .

As for what is wrong with them - that first one should be on my wall!

Z

solvista

Jun 16, 2010
Spain, Alicante
Missed these when you posted them, Alf; they are fantastic shots, you had the benefit of the scenery and the weather! (Although, as I am always telling myself, you don't find yourself in such places by accident).

The last pic is a textbook picture of a glacial hanging valley- what in Wales would be called a cwm (I think the english term is "corrie") .

As for what is wrong with them - that first one should be on my wall!

Z

The first and the third are great shots. I wish I had the original of the first to play with. I don't think you could better the content if you'd deliberately set out to take only that shot on the day.

Nice work

brancho

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 20, 2007
Whitehaven Cumbria
The first and the third are great shots. I wish I had the original of the first to play with. I don't think you could better the content if you'd deliberately set out to take only that shot on the day.

Nice work

I think I need a new monitor as the shots definetely need more work when as I can see when veiwing the at work.
Did you make global changes are did you make selections because they look global to me and are too harsh in the forground and on the island and the right hand side of the panorama

malente

Life member
Jan 14, 2007
Germany
Those are niiice :) I really like them

For the second one, as you are photographing towards the sun (bright background, dark foreground), you could add a neutral density gradient filter, that gives better contrast/ lightness for the foreground and makes the background deeper.

Google "neutral density gradient filter"

Mike

brancho

Feb 20, 2007
Whitehaven Cumbria
For the second one, as you are photographing towards the sun (bright background, dark foreground), you could add a neutral density gradient filter, that gives better contrast/ lightness for the foreground and makes the background deeper.

Google "neutral density gradient filter"

Mike
I know what an ND grad is I just dont own one.

brancho

Feb 20, 2007
Whitehaven Cumbria

swagman

Nomad
Aug 14, 2006
Tasmania
Great shots i love the first one but as said the whites are blown in the second shot.

Solvista slightly over saturated but look good.

This of course is just my opinion .

Swagman

brancho

Feb 20, 2007
Whitehaven Cumbria
Great shots i love the first one but as said the whites are blown in the second shot.

Solvista slightly over saturated but look good.

This of course is just my opinion .

Swagman

Thanks for the comments and I think there is more wrong with the second that blown highlights now but I do need a new monitor for sure

PaulSanderson

Settler
May 9, 2010
North Norfolk, GB
Stunning!! Is that second one Red Tarn?? I love the Lakes..spent most of my childhood there due to Dad working at Sellafield (he still glows in the dark!).

That place would look stunning with all the snow recently. Thanks for sharing, im impressed!

brancho

Feb 20, 2007
Whitehaven Cumbria
No pictures of red tarn
This is inominate tarn on Haystacks

brancho4.jpg

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE