Some recent landscapes

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

brancho

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 20, 2007
Whitehaven Cumbria
I have taken some shots recently so let me know what you really think is right or qwrong with them.

4828850210_2d982d0cb2_b.jpg

4796873359_ab6d0001cf_b.jpg

4796851605_84c19215ff_b.jpg

4796846561_f72f769d05_b.jpg

Harvestman

Bushcrafter through and through
May 11, 2007
Pontypool, Wales, Uk
Those are more than a bit stunning.

Find fault with them? Only that I wasn't there for those fantastic landscapes. Looks like you had great weather. Am I right in thinking Tryfan and the Ogwen valley? Haven't been there in ages.

Brilliant work mate.

sam_acw

Native
Sep 2, 2005
Tyneside
I like the middle pair best, not wholly sure why - maybe the foreground runs to the background better? Nice art anyway!

Radix lecti

Native
Jan 15, 2006
Gloucester
Great pictures brancho, i like. The last photo may have a slight touch of flare or was that intentional? Good composition on all pictures,i especially like the first pic. Thanks for sharing.
Darren

brancho

Feb 20, 2007
Whitehaven Cumbria
Thanks for the comments everyone glad you like them.

Am I right in thinking Tryfan and the Ogwen valley? Haven't been there in ages..

No these are local to me in lake District 1st is thirlmere and the rest are around buttermere

The last photo may have a slight touch of flare or was that intentional?

Thats the price of shooting into the sun

Quality of pictures is amazing and very sharp through which camera have taken this pictures and what's the resolution?

The shots were taken with a Olympus E-410 but a E-520 would be better as it has image stabilistaion. All shots were taken in RAW and processed in photoshop the first is to pictures stitched together.

Last edited:

TomBartlett

Spoon worrier
Jun 13, 2009
Madison, WI
www.sylvaspoon.com
The use of some graduated filters would help keep the detail in the highlights of some of clouds (shots 2 & 4). The composition of them is great, I especially like the panoramic. Maybe something extra in the foreground of shot 3 would have helped, but that's just my taste.
Hope this helps :)

brancho

Feb 20, 2007
Whitehaven Cumbria
The use of some graduated filters would help keep the detail in the highlights of some of clouds (shots 2 & 4). The composition of them is great, I especially like the panoramic. Maybe something extra in the foreground of shot 3 would have helped, but that's just my taste.
Hope this helps :)
I am looking for some ND Grad filters I think they will help a lot for such shots and thanks for the comments.

Aug 20, 2010
Manchester
I like the photo with the bogbean growing in the small lake in the foreground. Is that the head of Ennerdale at the back of the photo? It looks a bit like Windy Gap.

brancho

Feb 20, 2007
Whitehaven Cumbria
I like the photo with the bogbean growing in the small lake in the foreground. Is that the head of Ennerdale at the back of the photo? It looks a bit like Windy Gap.

The shot is from innominate tarn on Haystacks with gable and yes wind gap in shot.

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
Those are stunning Alf, missed them the first time round

Know them all very well, I can't believe how low Thirlmere looks. The spot I put my canoe in is now a 40m beach.

I've been trying to get over to Haweswater for a look but I don;t seem to get a free day at the moment.

Aug 22, 2010
Vestfold, Norway
WOW!
I'm a hobby photographer myself, and I love looking at others work.
The first shot is (IMHO) a textbook example of "rule of thirds". That is a real competition winner.
All great shots, but I keep falling back to the first as it's just stunningly beautiful.

Chrisj

Nomad
Oct 14, 2009
Gwynedd
Those are great. I LOVE the last but one! It's like a bushy version of one of those posh hotel pools that you see on TV where the water is level with the one edge, looking over the sea so you can't tell where the pool finishes and the sea starts.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE