Some pics of me Landy...

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Chopper

Native
Sep 24, 2003
Kent.
Got my new defender last week. It is a company car so not much I can do to it. I have fitted extended seat rails for my lanky legs and have ordered a smaller steering wheel and boss kit for the same reason.

It will not often be this clean.

newdefender1.jpg

newdefender2.jpg

Oh lucky Madge, hes got a receing Landy.

I test drove one of those, and quick is an understatement.

Lucky git!! :)

dave k

Nomad
Jun 14, 2006
Blonay, Switzerland
I've got a roll and a bit of dynomat knocking about if anyone wants it. Was gonna bin it, as my new freelander is a lot quieter than my previous car, a V8 Rover P6 :)

Spacemonkey

Native
May 8, 2005
Llamaville.
www.jasperfforde.com
Nice tyres.. I was on the lookout for some new tyres and after MUCH research settled on the newish Kumho KL71 MTs. They have a large block pattern and softish rubber so grip like a good 'un on the road as well as off. SO far I have only had dry roads to drive on (only fitted yesterday) and they grip far better than the ATs I took off.. No noticable tyre noise except a low drone at 40-50mph and braking is normal. According to reviews, they wear very slowly and grip well in the wet and snow and also mud of course. The only snag is that being a directional tyre, the spare can be iffy but i mounted it as a left hander assuming that most punctures will come from the gutter. Set of 5 from tyresdirect.com for £356 delivered. Fitted at £10 each.
I got 31x10.50-15s which gives 2" diameter increase from standard and thus a 1" diff lift. Next is a 2" suspension lift with Old Man Emu kit. Very pleased with this car and I'm driving it to Hungary next week via France, Germany, Austria and back through Serbia, Croatia, Italy, Switzerland and back though France again, then around the SouthWest and Wales to give some funny foerign types a tour of my country in an exchange for the tour in theirs that I'd have just done.

DSC00345.jpg

DSC00346.jpg

DSC00347.jpg

Packet Ford Lane ford near Iver, Middlesex. yes, that's in London... Pulled some fishing tackle off the wishbone the next day!!

Stratford Tony ford, just below Salisbury.

MitsifucksLandy.gif

TobyH

Forager
Apr 4, 2006
Deepest, Darkest Suffolk
nice bit of 'froading!!

Where's the air intake on the Paj? If you're going to keep doing the wading you may want to seriously consider a snorkel! Trust me, it'll save you a fortune!!

Spacemonkey

Native
May 8, 2005
Llamaville.
www.jasperfforde.com
Snorkel is on the list of 'To Fit' items below the Old Man Emu suspension. The air intake is inside the top of the wing below the window- so it's quite high and protected. Up to the front lip of the bonnet is about max. Coped perfectly in the Summer Floods here in the Cotswolds. Still took 6 hours to do a 3 hour journey, but got through floods that infidel cars were drowned in...

Chopper

Native
Sep 24, 2003
Kent.
Well...here's the old girl. Passed its MOT yesterday with flying colours (again).
Nice tester, he let me walk his guide dog while he was checking it over.:D

LandyCampingSpec.jpg

JonnyP

Oct 17, 2005
Cornwall...
Nice one Chopper, sounds like you use the same testing station as me...:D
I see you carry the rope on the front for dragging out the jeeps and mitsubishi's, thats very nice of you....

Philbert

Tenderfoot
Jun 11, 2004
Northern Ireland
Oh the lovely landys!!!!

Nicely kitted out chopper.

I also like to keep mine as clean as poss. It shows the mud better when you drive round town:) Also helps keep the dreaded rust at bay. Hope you all have a nice coat of waxoyl or similar on your chassis. Apparently a dirty Landy can take two weeks to dry out while a clean one will take a few hours:Wow:

Nice picies. Dont have any of mine on line yet.

Martyn

Bushcrafter through and through
Aug 7, 2003
staffordshire
www.britishblades.com
Snorkel is on the list of 'To Fit' items below the Old Man Emu suspension. The air intake is inside the top of the wing below the window- so it's quite high and protected. Up to the front lip of the bonnet is about max. Coped perfectly in the Summer Floods here in the Cotswolds. Still took 6 hours to do a 3 hour journey, but got through floods that infidel cars were drowned in...

Was that a metro in front of you? :p :D

Nice set of vids mate.

Spacemonkey

Native
May 8, 2005
Llamaville.
www.jasperfforde.com
Yes.. the plonker in the Metro had delusions of granduer and kept trying to OVERTAKE the van in front!!! 2 months later I saw it wrapped around a tree...

The deepest bit came up to the headlamps but I couldn't film it as there were coppers in it... in a Landrover of all things.. ;)

When you 'laning yours Martyn? Looks really good btw.

More gratuitous green laning videos all done on roady AT tyres and standard suspension. The bit we climb around on was a heck of a lot steeper than it looks on vid..

Chopper

Native
Sep 24, 2003
Kent.
Sasquatch hunting. And I hear the Circus is in town...:naughty:

Nice kit Chopper.. Nice to see the rope is already attached to the front for a nice man in a Mitsi to tow you home. :drive::lmao:

a Mitsubishi could'nt tow the skin off a rice pudding!! :p :p :p

I remember having a Shogun...I swept it away when it rusted away just after its fifth birthday, thats when I saw the light and bought a real 4X4. :notworthy :notworthy LAND ROVER:notworthy :notworthy ;)

JonnyP

Oct 17, 2005
Cornwall...
a Mitsubishi could'nt tow the skin off a rice pudding!! :p :p :p

I remember having a Shogun...I swept it away when it rusted away just after its fifth birthday, thats when I saw the light and bought a real 4X4. :notworthy :notworthy LAND ROVER:notworthy :notworthy ;)

I used to have a shogun too....I only off roaded it once...I was driving along a road and saw a disco stuck in a field, I thought I would help, having this nice shogun with locking diffs etc.....Yes it ended up with two cars stuck in the field.....:rolleyes:

Spacemonkey

Native
May 8, 2005
Llamaville.
www.jasperfforde.com
:buttkick:

Mine's been ace.. and no rust... :headbang: Towed my mates Omega yesterday down the road and it had stuck brakes. Towed it on tickover...:notworthy

Martyn, stock recommended wading depth I believe is centre of hubs. Boring... Air intake is quite high and protected so I guess that's just a margin of safety. Trouble is, the only snorkel available are Safari ones at about £250. A lot of money for a bit of plastic tubing..:( I've had it up to the front of the bonnet many times.

Chopper

Native
Sep 24, 2003
Kent.
I used to have a shogun too....I only off roaded it once...I was driving along a road and saw a disco stuck in a field, I thought I would help, having this nice shogun with locking diffs etc.....Yes it ended up with two cars stuck in the field.....:rolleyes:

It must have been the wrong type of mud :D :D :D

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE