Some items for sale

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

max whitlock

Feb 28, 2010
Teesside
Hello All
I am new to this whole bushcraft thing and have been lurking on the site for some time. The advice available here is really useful to novices like myself and I have recently joined as a full member. I maybe should have had a good look before buying the huge amount of kit I have acummulated over the last year or so. Due to my initial inexperience I have some surplus items for sale.
Im not sure If I should have introduced myself elsewhere on the forum first, apologies for this if I should have. If you have any problem with the prices i'm asking let's have a discussion. I am also not an expert at e-selling so here goes.
For Sale
1 x A. Wright & Son 700 Rosewood Handled Bushcraft Knife

The overall length is 22cms (8.5ins), and comes with a high quality leather sheath. The blade is 4.5mms thick providing excellent strength, weight and balance.
The knife weighs approx. 240gms (7.5 ounces)

I have used this item once in the field and it is in as new condition and is razor sharp, the back of the blade throws sparks off a firesteel like crazy.

I would like £75 + p&p for this item which i paid £115 for a few months ago, i also have the receipt and it will be still be under warranty. The sheath came to me in a less than perfect condition and is a little dry in appearance, I should have returned it but in my naviety didn’t, I have applied some neatfoots oil and it’s seems to have helped the finish. I would also take a part exchange with cash adjustement for a GB wildlife hatchet if anybody is interested. NOW SOLD

I have just added some pics as suggested, apologies for the poor quality my digital camera is an antique.

Second item is a 14" Zebra Billy with a flush fitting home made SS Hobo stove (the hobo just needs a final file and rub over on the sharp edges to finish it) The Billy has been used once and is a little sooty, i am also including a Swedish Army meths stove and a pot grabber - NOW SOLD

Third item is a Karrimor Sabre 45 (olive green) in immaculate condition (used twice only) and includes Olive green PLCE side pouches (please note the pouches are a pretty good colour match for the pack itself if that matters to you) I would like £75 or I am happy to trade for a Maxpedition Falcon 2 in Olive green. NOW SOLD

I would also be interested in a Bernie Garland little whittler in part ex for any of the above items.

Any responses/opinions/feedback gratefully received

Thanks

Matt

Last edited:

dave53

On a new journey
Jan 30, 2010
wales
hi max you can get the sabre 45 at lurches shop for £85 so your a little to pricey just an opinion regards dave

jimp

Settler
Nov 8, 2008
cleveland uk.
hi max you can get the sabre 45 at lurches shop for £85 so your a little to pricey just an opinion regards dave

hi, seems a good price to me! used twice with plce pockets, might be a good idea to pm the guy rather than "messing" on his forum.
jim.

max whitlock

Feb 28, 2010
Teesside
Thanks for the feedback dave much appreciated - mind if you stood my 45 next 2 a brand new one im not sure you'd be able to spot the difference (apart from some attached side pouches of course!)

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
Max ,I mean this in a helpful way , if you can manage a Photo of your knife you will aid your sale greatly.
Posting a photo for the 1st time is a bit of a 'mare, but we can talk you through it.

HTH

TD

max whitlock

Feb 28, 2010
Teesside
I have added some pics of the Wright's bushcraft knife i have for sale as suggested. Sorry about the poor quality of the pics as my camera is an antique

max whitlock

Feb 28, 2010
Teesside
Yes the Knife is still for sale, if you were wondering why i am selling it. This is as i have just received a Spyderco buchcraft knife for my birthday. I already have a Fallkniven F1 and a Helle Kvernstein. (my wife is worried).

g4ghb

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 21, 2005
Wiltshire
Why on earth is your Wife worried Max? - You should introduce her to some of us responsible knife owning bushy's .......... no hang on, that probably won't help (would put the 3 knives into perspective though! ;) )

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE