SOG Revolver

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

The General

Need to contact Admin...
Sep 18, 2003
North Wales Llandudno
SOG certainly make some good kit and from an engineering point of view its first class.

However... there is a need for better materials and less 'gimicks' in my opinion. The Revolver was a knife Chris wanted me to review, but I admit I was not interested as I pervieved it to be a 'gimicky' knife. I will admit, I have had second thoughts about that and if I ever see one in use will approach it with an open mind.

8a is a reasonable steel, but a bit past it in the days of S30V and VG10.

Robbie Roberson

Forager
Nov 28, 2004
Tennessee, U.S.A.
The General, thanks for your reply, and thanks for having an open mind. This knife has been tested in the field many times in the last couple years by many different people. It has been described as being very effective in what it was designed to do.

It is lightweight, but yet will do more (because of saw) than a knife of equal size and weight, in my opinion, this makes things a little easier for me when I prefer to have more for less........... :rolleyes:

Thank you all for your input and replies.

Robbie Roberson :)

Marts

Native
May 5, 2005
London
Robbie Roberson said:
The General, thanks for your reply, and thanks for having an open mind. This knife has been tested in the field many times in the last couple years by many different people. It has been described as being very effective in what it was designed to do.

It is lightweight, but yet will do more (because of saw) than a knife of equal size and weight, in my opinion, this makes things a little easier for me when I prefer to have more for less........... :rolleyes:

Thank you all for your input and replies.

Robbie Roberson :)

Go on...send The General one for BB to review :D It makes marketing sense!

bushwacker bob

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 22, 2003
STRANGEUS PLACEUS
It sounds like we need a BB style passaround on this one so that all interested parties get a week or so to play/evaluate the tool in question.

Marts

Native
May 5, 2005
London
Right. Found somewhere to get one for under £40. Tempted to get it after next months pay check is in and do a passaround....

Robbie Roberson

Forager
Nov 28, 2004
Tennessee, U.S.A.
Marts, gosh, that was fast. Which one did you order ?

SOG knives are always "shaving sharp" out of the box, so take a moment to read the instruction booklet.

The saw is needle sharp also, so pay attention when you rotate the saw blade out, it comes out the top of handle when changing to the saw.

This is a very simple and fast (2 to 3 seconds) knife to operate (once you learn how), just depress the switch and "hold it" depressed until blade is fully rotated into a locked position.

Once it's locked, it stays locked until you depress the release to unlock and rotate. As I say, it is so very simple it will amaze you I think.

I am posting a link to SOG just so you can learn exactly how the knife/switch and blade works. I always put my fingers on top of the blade and push down slowly all the way around until the blade is tucked securely into the handle, then I just reverse this operation.

Click on "check out how the Revolver works"
http://www.sogknives.com/hrevolver.htm

Robbie Roberson. ;)

Robbie Roberson

Forager
Nov 28, 2004
Tennessee, U.S.A.
I wanted to add this to this thread, this is the first Revolver thread started so I thought this should go with it since it is an update on the Revolver news/thread and not the Review thread of the Revolver. :eek:

I am a little mixed up sometimes my wife says.................. :rolleyes:

This just in, probably the biggest hunting club in the USA, "North American Hunting Club" just field tested the Hunter Revolver and gave it a 9.1 out of a possible 10.

I know, the gut hook is not well liked, but there is another model, (SEAL Revolver) no gut hook.

http://www.huntingclub.com/IMG_includes/ptp/a05ptp1.pdf

And no, I have not tried the hair and body soap...........yet... :eek:

Robbie Roberson ;)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE