SOG Revolver

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

tomtom

Dec 9, 2003
Sunny South Devon
IMHO the knife blade doesn't look hugely good.. and the saw looks a little small to be of much use... looks like a non to brilliant compromise to me!
You would be better off getting a decent fixedblade and a laplander saw i reckon!

TheViking

Native
Jun 3, 2004
They should be separate and not one blade! :roll: I'll stick to my SAK which has more tools also.

tomtom

Dec 9, 2003
Sunny South Devon
when the saw part is folded the teeth of the of the saw point out :yikes:
so if the the lock was to fail ony knock on the back of the blade the saw will dig in to the palm of your hand!! :thumbs_do

JakeR

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 18, 2004
Cardiff
What about this for a useless thread :eek:):

Me and Mighty Oaks (grammatical error but it sounds cool) favourite useless tool was the...errr...thing...(post 18) :wink:

Jake

JakeR

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 18, 2004
Cardiff
I think the compromise looks pretty stupid to me. What would you do in a "situation" should it damage you?

sargey

Mod
Mod
Member of Bushcraft UK Academy
Sep 11, 2003
cheltenham, glos
surprisingly, reports from people who have used them seem to be quite favourable.

they come with a kydex sheath.

you could try asking on the sog forum over at knifeforums.

cheers, and.

Brainflex

Nov 6, 2004
I ain't going to buy one.I prefer separate tools for separate jobs.Just wondered what others thought.

Robbie Roberson

Forager
Nov 28, 2004
Tennessee, U.S.A.
Greetings U.K. knife people, :wave:
My name is Robbie Roberson, I am the inventor of the SOG SEAL Revolver knife. I just happen to be doing a search earlier and found this thread about the SOG Revolver. I am a member of the other forums in the U.S. and really love all types of knives, but I have an obvious special place in my heart for the Revolver knife.
I would like to try to explain to those that have never handled or used a SOG Revolver that it is a very safe, and very useful knife. It has been tested to the max, and written about in almost every major outdoor and knife magazine in the U.S.
I have received letters from all over the world from users who have nothing but good things to say about it, including a U.S. Navy survival instructor that posted on a forum in the U.S. stating that he was using it in survival training here, http://www.knifeforums.com/ubbthrea...=415751&page=1&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=&fpart=1 .

I am very proud of this knife, considering where it started, here

http://www.thedailytimes.com/sited/story/html/170864 ,

and just a couple other links of interest here,

http://www.fieldandstream.com/fieldstream/gearingup/article/0,13199,691576,00.html ,

http://www.helenair.com/articles/2004/10/05/outdoors/c01093004_02.txt .

The knife has been in Iraq for over a year, I have not heard of one knife failing, (it has a 1/4 inch hardened pin locking the blade, if it broke, it still will not rotate down because it has a hidden stop in the handle, if the stop and the pin failed, the "blunt edge" would be the part that hit your hand because of downward pressure).
I am in constant contact with the SOG factory to make sure I keep up with whats going on with the knife. I hope this will help those of you that are not familiar with this knife better understand what is capable of, and if you have any questions, I will be more than glad to try to answer them.
Sincerely, Robbie Roberson. :wave:
P.S. Forgive me if I posted in the wrong position, this is a little different than the other forums.

tomtom

Dec 9, 2003
Sunny South Devon
Hi Robbie thanks for your input.. i wonder if you could answer some further questions??

firstly leaving aside weight for carry do you find the revolver superior to carrying a fixed blade/locking folder and folding saw combo?

Robbie Roberson

Forager
Nov 28, 2004
Tennessee, U.S.A.
TomTom, I think I understand your question, the Revolver series of three different models weighs between 6 and 10 ounces with kydex or leather sheaths. I prefer carrying the Revolver in any combination of models over any standard straight knife on the market.
The reason is simple, I can do more with my Revolver than I can with any straight knife I have ever carried because of the saw hidden in the handle. I don't even think twice about this proposal because I have done almost everything imaginable with my Revolver in the woods.
Please don't misunderstand, I love a good quality straight knife, and they too have a very useful role in outdoor situations. I am just saying I don't need a folding saw anymore, I have one hidden in the handle that will cut hardwood or bone. I do use a small hand ax for heavy finish up chopping, but I use the Revolver to drop any trees or limbs I need because it cuts so fast.
I grew up in the Tennessee mountains using an old german straight knife in the woods, and I still can't believe how well the Revolver works compared to it. I have made shelters, cut fire wood (Dead trees, drop with one cut and feed to the fire), tent pegs and a multitude of other task with the Revolver that my old straight knife just could not do.
The Revolver should be compared to any medium sized straight knife with a blade of almost 5 inches. But the unique part is when I need a pole cut with a precision clean cut, I can push a button hidden in the handle and almost as quick as a blink, I can lock in a saw that will make that precision cut, and then holster with the saw or blade locked in the out position.
It is just an extra tool for outdoor use, that is amazing because it appears to be a standard straight knife, able to do what any straight knife in it's size range can do, except it will surpass this ability by being able to cut trees, limbs or bone with a saw.
This knife will fool you, it seems too easy, but it works smooth as silk, and is made very well. I thank you for giving me a chance to at least explain a little of how it works, I hope I answered your questions.
Robbie Roberson. :wave:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE