so....who saw the mccullin documentary?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Angst

Apr 15, 2010
Hampshire
www.facebook.com
hi....i got into photography in 1995 and within a few months was firmly leaning towards b&w and quickly developed respect for don mccullin. i was seriously 'into' photography for many years after but as life does, it goes to strange places and here i am now a leathersmith with barely enough time to pick my camera up unless its to photograph my products. i've never got round to finish editing 1500 pictures i took in a week in italy 3 years ago lol!

anyway....i just watched the mccullin documentary and even though i knew nearly everything in it, and am familiar with virtually all his work....it tore my heart out. the programme made me cry twice. i kept thinking of my son upstairs asleep....safe....fed....happy...loved....having his thomas tank engine dreams.....and of cake and cuddles.

as far as i know mr mccullin does not have a website....so i want to say publicly to him.....THANKYOU!

s

Seagull

Settler
Jul 16, 2004
Gåskrikki North Lincs
I thought it a most moving thing, noble and humane.
I slept badly last night, being constantly poked by a full sense of empathy.
We do so many beautiful and horrible things.
Shabash, Mr. Mac.

Ceeg

Angst

Apr 15, 2010
Hampshire
www.facebook.com
i just had a quick look for you dave but cant find anything.....i presume it can be watched on bbc1's website somehow???? i'm not good at this stuff.....if i find, i'll let you know....came across hundreds of posts though and it seems everyone who viewed was pretty much blown away....anyway....i've not been up long and the first thing i thought of when i woke was the documentary....gonna be with me constantly for days.

respect...

s

knifefan

Nov 11, 2008
Lincolnshire
Outstanding!!!! I would imagine that there isn't many people who haven't seen at least one of his photo's!!!! For once makes you feel like the licence fee is worth paying!!!

brambles

Settler
Apr 26, 2012
Aberdeenshire
It was an outstanding programme, both a fitting testament to the career of one of the finest photographers to have lived but an insight into his overwhelming humanity. It was plain that he has been haunted by the need to help others throughout his life , not just by drawing the attention of the world to the plight of others through his unerringly honest reporting , but aften at physical risk to himself. Unfortunately he seems to have been very badly affected by survivors guilt , I hope he obtains the peace he needs and deserves.

peaks

Settler
May 16, 2009
Derbys
@Clem : Catch it on i-player - link above.

Superb film and an amazing man who deserves a whole lot of respect. His landscapes have just as much impact as his journalistic work.

Angst

Apr 15, 2010
Hampshire
www.facebook.com
yup m8....spot on....ta for your thoughts....i still cant stop thinking about it...

It was an outstanding programme, both a fitting testament to the career of one of the finest photographers to have lived but an insight into his overwhelming humanity. It was plain that he has been haunted by the need to help others throughout his life , not just by drawing the attention of the world to the plight of others through his unerringly honest reporting , but aften at physical risk to himself. Unfortunately he seems to have been very badly affected by survivors guilt , I hope he obtains the peace he needs and deserves.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE