Snugpak Code Green Sleeping Bags

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

C_Claycomb

Moderator staff
Mod
Oct 6, 2003
Bedfordshire
I was in The Outdoor Shop in Stoney Stratford (just north of Milton Keynes) and found that they were having a sale on Snugpak Code Green sleeping bags. They aren't the cheapest place to start with, but I got a Softie 10 for £69.99, which I didn't think was bad. They had the whole range, several bags per model.

One of the chaps there suggested that maybe Snugpak weren't going to be around for long :yikes: I don't know where that was coming from though :?:

The Outdoor Shop27-31, High St, Stony Stratford, Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire MK11 1AA
Tel: 01908 568913

Adi007

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 3, 2003
Good buy there Chris ... I wish I had bought one instead of the Mountain Equipment Firewalker II.

D

Deleted 70

Hello there

I would just like to clear up about Snugpak`s future, we are going to be around for a long long time. Not sure, what you heard but there are no plans to not be around in the future. We have just launched our new catalogue and our new range of outdoor equipment for 2005. We also already have our ideas in production for 2006, with the recent take over of West-Winds we have a lot of work on now, and we are working flat-out now and well into 2005.

Don’t worry this is not me biting your head off :) I just thought I would post so everyone knew we are still here and will always be.

If anyone has, any further questions please contact with me on stewart@snugpak.com

Regards,

Stewart (Snugpak)

tomtom

Dec 9, 2003
Sunny South Devon
Nice to hear from you Stewart, i for one am pleased to hear your going to be around for a while yet! :biggthump
keep up the good work :1244:
by the way how do i get me mits on a catalogue?

D

Deleted 70

Thanks for the comments

If you are after a catalogue just sent your details into catalogue@snugpak.com and one of our staff we send you out a catalogue as soon as possible.

In regards to the discount, we dont offer forces discount direct since we arent a shop. However quite a few of the online shops that stock our gear do, so you could give those a try.

Hope this helps.

Also this is very off topic but dont suppose anyone on here watches Stargate and if they do check out the new project i run www.brokenoath.net (i am advertsing, but its all non profit and nothing to do with snugpak) hope thats ok :)

C_Claycomb

Moderator staff
Mod
Oct 6, 2003
Bedfordshire
I am very please to hear that Snugpak aren't going anywhere :wave: :rolmao: :biggthump I didn't take it too seriously

I really like my Softie 6, but it is a bit too light for use in a hammock most of the time. Looking forward to testing the No10, :)

Adi007

Sep 3, 2003
Raz said:
The Mountain Equipment Firewalker II no good?
For the size it packs down to, I think I could do better. Also, the cut is a bit narrow at the shoulders - I'm a big guy and I can get in and out OK but a few additional cms would be nice.

I also don't like the fact that the sack has drawstring toggles in places that I think are uncomfortable and end up in my eye/mouth, it has no hanging tabs at the bottom and the anti-snag zip is anything but anti-snag.

Brendan

Nomad
Dec 1, 2004
Surrey UK
I already had a 6 and the old version of the 10 so I went and got the 18 just for the hell of it.
It's big, it's warm, luxuriously comfortable the zip is not totally antisnag but I like it in the middle of the bag. The weight is the main factor that bothers me on long hikes and its overkill in a hammock because the bottom compresses and you end up with no loft so you might as well be lying on a sheet.
Good warm bag though with lots of room inside I'm 6'3 and 255lbs and I can still fit no problem with clothes on.
Inside a british army bivy and on top of a thermarest it's outstandingly warm when the temperature is well below freezing.

W

wedgeeee

hello all my German para sleeping bag has finally given up on me and the time to buy a new bag has come round and i was looking at the snugpak sf does anyone have any opinions?? Also stewart have snugpak ever thought of putting arms on there sleeping bags like the german para bag? or the zip to change the bag into a parker? As this is good for nightfishing :super:

RAPPLEBY2000

Dec 2, 2003
England
cough cough copyrite!

how about a half bag that zips onto a snugpak parka?
it would be usefull to soldiers, and other people that have stationary activities( :roll: if thats possible :lol: ), it would even be atractive to wheelchair users
have a zip at the bottom so your feet can move freely and you've cornered the longdistance lorry driver market too!
:roll: if only it were that simple.

there are loads of designs like that already like the buffalo system, which i have, the problem is it's a very specific use, i used to have a german sleeping bag and found it very uncomfortable, i like to roll around in my sleeping bag as most people do.

:roll:

W

wedgeeee

congratulations Rappleby2000 on Jessica may, So which Bag do you think i should look at from the snugpak range?? what about the special forces system?? as it is cheeper than buying a softie 9 and a softie 3 and can be joined together to make an alternative to the softie 15???? i would appeciate your views as i am 6ft tall and i don't want to get a bag that is too small. :super:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE