Sleeping bags

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

adz354

Jul 24, 2015
Hants
Hey guys, just wanted abit of advice from some people a lot more experienced than myself. I'm looking to get a sleeping bag in the near future and I'm currently torn between the Snugpak softie 3 and the Carinthia defence 4. What one would you recommend ? I'm also open to other suggestions for similar bags however they must be green as I will be using for both military and bushcrafting. Cheers guys

Polecatsteve

Nomad
Aug 20, 2014
Scotland
Us army sleep system. Green intermediate bag. Packs down small. Super warm down to about 2-3oC and if u get the full set you got all seasons covered plus bivi bag. Bulky tho!

mick91

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
May 13, 2015
Sunderland
If you can get hold of one buy the russian issue new digicam ones. Simple and effective, NATO give the millitary sleeping bags, a bivi and a liner. The Russians just make a waterproof sleeping bag!

janso

Dec 31, 2012
Penwith, Cornwall
What price do you want to pay? If there is no limit (to a degree), I'd go for down every day. If you're just in need of a synthetic that may get mild abuse, then I'd stick with the Snugpak line; I've used them for a long time and never been let down. Relatively small to pack away but use a compression dry sack from Exped or similar to make a difference.
If you choose the down route then look up PhD as a brand; unsure of their colour scheme but a breathable outer (bivi bag) can be slipped over?

Sent from my hidey hole using Tapatalk... sssh!

janso

Dec 31, 2012
Penwith, Cornwall
A Nanok -10 is up for trade on the forum at present; they're also a good respected brand for bags mate

Sent from my hidey hole using Tapatalk... sssh!

brambles

Settler
Apr 26, 2012
Aberdeenshire
There are plently of threads here about sleeping bags, and covering the 2 mentioned in the OP. My vote goes for the Carinthia - I use the Defence 4, Tropen and the US Goretex Bivvy bag. Covers every possibility and best bags I've ever had.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE