Snowshoeing, and tea at -18C

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Haggis

Nomad
I took a very short video with my iPhone while out snowshoeing this week. The kit is my simple day pack,,,

[video=youtube;HtBGIeVBfDo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HtBGIeVBfDo[/video]

Last edited:

Haggis

Nomad
By luck and design, I live on 100 acres, literally on the edge of many thousands of acres of forested State and Federal lands. Being retired, I try to get "out there" for at least an hour or two everyday. Snowshoeing season begins in early December and lasts until mid-March or April, sometimes later. It can get cold, -40 or far lower, but I go anyway. Stopping for a daily boil-up is simply another way of slowing down, and enhancing the experience. I prefer to using my hobo stove over building a larger fire in the snow: less work for me, and it furnishes all the heat I need for the work at hand. I always carry my hatchet and folding saw, just on the chance I might want to build a larger fire, or simply clear my paths.

bigjackbrass

Nomad
Sep 1, 2003
Leeds
That brought a happy smile to my face. Lovely way to spend some time. Sadly, my snowshoes (rather characterless, modern L.L. Bean ones) haven't seen any use since I moved back to England in 2000.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE