SmartWool: A very special thank you.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

decorum

May 2, 2007
Warwickshire
I would like, on behalf of The City of Coventry Scout County Leader Training Team, to take this opportunity to thank all those nice people at SmartWool for going above and beyond not only the call of duty, but going above and beyond what was asked.

A bit of background, so it makes more sense …

Each year, the first weekend of October is set aside for the local Scout County Leader Skills Weekend. Amongst the resources sourced, each attendee gets given a program planning bag - containing anything from web links to posters to leaflets - even the bags are donated. The basic idea behind the bag is to try to take some of the stress off of leaders having to constantly fine new things and ideas to try out.

Now, those of you who know me know that, on occasion, I can be _a bit cheeky_ …... indeed, this year we had some forum members helping us to deliver the program (Thanking some of The Unusual Suspects) :grouphug: .

Just days before this years Skills Weekend I* happened to bump into a couple of nice chaps from SmartWool and during the conversation the scouty head went on and the question ‘Do you have any promotional bumpf that we can include in our bags and wall display …. Benefits of wool etc’ was asked. And this is just two days before the event and with no time to send stuff out – so we knew what the answer would be … :eek:

The answer was something along the lines of ‘It isn’t something that we’ve been approached about before so we haven’t got anything we can give you’ :( .

Yup, knew it!

‘However …

(Gulp!)

Because of the shortness of time …

And the cause …

Would it be OK to _sponsor_ the event this time round by giving a pair of sock to all those attending?’ :yikes::yikes::yikes:

Can you guess what we said?

Anyway, eventually we picked our jaws up and realised that they weren’t kidding.

We’re still in the process of passing on the socks to those who attended

Once again, Thanks guys :You_Rock_

* The magnanimous I

Disclaimer - Other than being a happy customer, I'm in no way conneccted to SmartWool. This write up was in no way asked for by SmartWool - in fact I asked them if it would be OK to say thanks publicly.

Oh, and please don't expect the same - we consider that we were exceedingly lucky on this one.

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE